entertainment district

Start from the beginning

I spotted a food cart and booked it, they have Dangos!!! I bought enough for everyone and thanked the vendor.

"Hey, stop right there, mouse!" Tengen says as he grabs me, throwing me over his shoulder, almost making me drop the Dangos.

"Hey!" I protested.

"Hush. Hey, yellow haired boy, stay where you are!" He calls.

"This is...it looks like it's daytime." Zenitsu says.

"This is the Yoshiwara Entertainment District. Awash in vanity and desire of men and women. A town of the night swirling with love and hate. Flashy, huh?"

"It would be even more amazing if you put me down." I mutter as he finally gave in.

"What the heck is this?!" Inosuke shouted. "It's teeming with people! Comin' through!"

He rams through the crowd as I took a bite of the Dango, handing one to Tanjiro.

"What the...calm down, moron!" Tengen runs after him.

I skipped away to find some more food, scanning the vending carts. "Ramen, ramen, ramen, come to me."

"No." Tengen booms from behind me.

I let out a yelp as he drags me back to Tanjiro and Inosuke, then goes to grab Zenitsu, dragging him like a doll.

"Take a good look. See, this place goes to sleep during the day, and at night, it sparkles and dazzles. The ideal place for a demon, a I right?" He says. "Women who became Courtesans are mostly sold here due to poverty and debt. In return, they're given food clothing and lodging, and if they can climb up the ranks, a rich man might buy out their contracts. There are ranks among Courtesans, as well. The highest ranked 'Oiran' is on a different level. Beauty is a given, she's also intelligent and has mastered every traditional art. She's the breadwinner, on whom each house has lavished time and money. A woman of distinction."

"Is that so?" Zenitsu was amazed, of course he was amazed by prostitution.

"All right, that's enough scouting. Come on." He says snatching a Dango from my mouth mid bite.

Bitch.

"It's okay, we'll get you more later." Tanjiro held my shoulders to keep me from killing Tengen as we walked to a quieter area with a logo on the banner that said wisteria.

"Sorry to impose!" He called. He got us a room, pretty nice if you ask me. "Now listen up. When you've infiltrated the entertainment district, first look for my bride. I'll be digging for information on the demons, as well."

"Uh huh..." I mumbled trying to focus but Inosuke is gobbling down all the  rice balls.

"This is outrageous!" Zenitsu shouted.

"Huh?"

"I'll thank you not to mess with us! How dare you use your subordinates to personally find a bride for yourself!" He slaps the floor repeatedly.

"Huh? How did you get that idea?"

"Nope! I'm going to have my say!"

"Zenitsu!" Tanjiro grabs him.

"Dinner and a show." I take a rice ball.

"I'm sure that a screwed up oddball like you had no luck with the ladies! However! Even so! Just because you want a wife, that's no reason to use demon slayers like us!"

"Are you an idiot?" Tengen shouted back. "I'm talking about a wife who's infiltrated the entertainment district and is hard at work gathering Intel on the demons! I've stopped receiving regular check ins, so I'm going too, all right?"