A waitress came by. She had her hair braided down her back and blue eyes cut between them before she smiled. Her arms moved to sit two menues on the table between them. She looked like she was probably in her early twenties. "Hello, I'll be your server today. What can I get you guys to drink?"

Isaac looked to Jess first. He swallowed before speaking. "Uh, Dr Pepper, please."

She nodded and scribbled on her notepad before turning to Isaac. He spoke quicker than Jess had managed to. "Coke."

She nodded, made another scribble, and walked off. Jess turned back to Isaac. He recalled what Isaac had said before and cleared his throat to pick back up their conversation.

"I guess you're right. If this counts as a cliché date than the movie theater does too."

Isaac tilted his head slightly to the side and smiled. Jess smiled too because he was adorable. "So we're just super cliché then?"

"Absolutely." Jess nodded. "We're a couple copied straight out of a book."

Isaac chuckled quietly. "Is our story at least good?"

Jess shrugged. "It's kinda boring. A little too soft to make a good plot."

Isaac rolled his eyes. "What makes a good plot?"

The waitress returned then. She sat down their drinks and brought up the notepad again. "Are you ready to order now or would you like more time."

"Oh." Isaac's eyes widened like he just realized they completely forgot to look through the menus. He looked at Jess. "Do you know what you want?"

"I'll just take a cheeseburger." Jess said, turning his attention to the waitress. "Everything on it but no lettuce or onions."

She nodded and wrote somethings down on her notepad. As Jess was talking Isaac had picked up the menu and grazed through one section. She turned to him and raised her eyebrows expectantly.

"Uh, the chicken strip basket."

"Okay, chips or fries for the side?"

"Fries." Isaac answered immediately. She nodded and scratched a few more things on the paper before picking up their menus and walking off. Isaac turned back to Jess and chuckled. "I forgot we needed to look for food for a minute there."

Jess smiled. "I noticed. Too caught up in my beauty?"

"Yeah, pretty much." His voice didn't sound like a joke. He had a soft smile on his face and he was staring at Jess with his intense eyes.

Jess blushed a little but tried to pretend he wasn't. "Right. Well, luckily for you you're dating a boy who gets the same thing pretty much every where he goes."

Isaac chuckled. "Lucky for me. Now want to answer my question? What makes a good plot?"

"Unnecessary complications." Jess hummed with ease, taking a sip of his drink. "Like usually it's problems that could easily be solved with some communications. Oblivious characters or stupid fights are a regular."

Isaac smiled. "So, if we don't have that does that mean we don't have unnecessary complications?"

"We don't really have a whole lot of complications at all." Jess said with a shrug. "Realistically, that's great for us. However if we're talking books it would probably make for a boring book."

Isaac rolled his eyes. "I think we would have a great book."

"Of course you do." Jess smiled. Isaac was just cute and they were having a cute conversation in a cute diner. They were having a very cute date and Jess couldn't keep the smile off his face for too long.