*ೃ༄ 33 ༄ೃ*

Start from the beginning

I look down back at the serum. This was not the right time. Four moved my hair slightly away from my face.

"You're ready."

I looked up to him.

"They'll be the judge of that."

I walked back into the building and made my way for final testing. I tried to look out for Will or even Sarai but I couldn't see them. As I walked closer to the final testing, Tori stood beside me.

"Have you seen Will anywhere?" I asked her.

"I don't think finding Will should be your biggest concern right now." Tori said guiding me along the hall, filled with other initiates. 

I walked into the huge hall, Tori behind me. I noticed Eric glaring at me. I glared back. From the other side of the room, I could see my mum looking at me as well. Her face filled with concern; she noticed that I was nervous.

Four quickly came over to me.

"They can see your hallucinations on screen. So, you get past your fears the way a dauntless would, but do it quickly."

"Right. If I'm too good, then they'll kill me; and if I'm too slow, then I'll die." I couldn't help but look back over to my mum.

"Right. Goodluck" Four replied before leaving me.

I walked up the stairs to the glowing orange chair and layed down on it.

"Good luck, Quinn. I hope you make it." Tori last said before injecting the serum at the side of my neck.

I relaxed back and allowed the serum to take its toll.

I opened my eyes to see me sitting on the chair in the middle of the ocean. I got off the chair as I floated around. My fear only grew. I looked around me like I had done before, instead of screaming for help, I tried to swim to the top of the surface myself but it was no use, it was like last time. I instead looked to the bottom as I saw the dark bottomless pit of the ocean. The colour however began to turn black. Ink. I looked closer surrounding me and realised that I was in a bubble. Looking for any sharp objects in my pockets, I felt a pen sticking out. Grabbing it, I popped the bubble, creating a hole for me to crawl out of and swim to the surface.

As I prepared my mouth to take a breath when I reach above water I am repositioned into another place. Inside a box as water plunged out from the bottom. What is with me and water? Looking to the glass I was ready to tap it but then I couldn't make it that easy for myself. The water started to fill fast, with time ticking I was only wasting time. I looked to the water filter and took off my jacket. I took a deep breath and reached to the bottom of the tank where I stuffed my jacket into the hole to stop any more water from entering. Rising to catch a breath the water had stopped, I sighed in relief.

I was in an abnegation house and was faced with my own self once again, with the same mother and daughter. Before my other self could shoot towards the mother, I tackled her to the side of the wall and squeezed her neck. She began to jerk from the cut off oxygen and tried scratching me but I dodged each time.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask her.

"You mean why are you doing this?" My reflection challenged me.

"You are the one who is doing this." She taunted to me.

I shook my head no.

I noticed from the corner of my eye her arm was raised beside my head with a loaded gun.

"You first?" She smiled.

"No, you." I argued. Grabbing her gun as it fired opposite the wall, missing me and the other woman and child.