Greed Chapter 4: Wits

Start from the beginning

"What did you want me here for?"

"Garfiel, you wanted to punch me ever since the Sanctuary. Knock him out."

"Tsk. Don't tell me what t'do!"

Garfiel aggressively approached Subaru, prompting the boy to be annoyed at the situation he was in.

"I'm gonna enjoy th's."

"Oh really?"

Subaru waited for until Garfiel was in rage before pulling out a whip, preparing to defend himself against the angry demi human boy.

Natsuki Subaru noticed this and was a bit...intrigued.

"A whip? That's a unique way to fight back."

'It's...'

Something he would've never expected to use. Since Return By Death can't help in training the body to be in peak form to say, wield a sword and use weapons, in contrase a whip is something that was doable to learn since it just required knowledge of proper handling.

"Tell me, what are you thinking a whip will do to Garfiel?"

"Something is better than nothing."

Subaru wanted to use Invisible Providence since it would actually do something and surprise his opponent...but revealing something like that would only give his counterpart even more information on him.

Right before a fight could break, Reinhard stepped in between the two.

"Shouldn't I interrogate him, Subaru-sama?"

"..." Natsuki Subaru as well as Garfiel Tinsel were surprised by this, not expecting Reinhard to just interrupt what was going on.

"Mind if I ask why?" Natsuki Subaru questioned, curious what brought the Sword Saint to interrupt.

Reinhard was silent, not wishing to go against the one who gave him a purpose after he lost his original one.

He lowered his head while responding with:

"I can tell with my divine protection of wind reading to tell if he's lying. I can also use the divine protection of empathy to see if his mind isn't delusional."

Roswaal, Garfiel, and Ram all turned towards Natsuki Subaru, wanting to know what he'll say to this. Natsuki Subaru was silent as he didn't like this at all.

"Do you believe the Sword Saint would betray you?"

'No, but there's something going on. What did the other me tell him or do to ensure he stepped away from Felt?'

With that in mind, he responded to what the Sword Saint had said:

"Okay, take him to my quarters. I'll meet you there." As he finished saying this, he turned towards Roswaal. "I need to speak with you in private."

Roswaal looked at Natsuki Subaru's eyes to see that something's on his mind.

This prompted the Margrave to give his partner in crime a nod before turning towards Ram and nodding towards her, indicating that he's allowing this.

Ram lowered her guard as she bowed at him.

Subaru took note of this and knew that there's more to what happened in this world than he knows as in his timeline Ram was not this diehard loyal to Roswaal.

Reinhard taps him in the shoulder while telling him,

"Follow me."

Subaru nodded and began to follow the Sword Saint into the mansion. While he did this, Garfiel began to shout: