Greed Chapter 4: Wits

Start from the beginning

"I want to make sure. The Reinhard I know wouldn't have drawn a sword, even to make a point." Subaru said as he wanted to access this world's Natsuki Subaru's memories. He wants to know why Reinhard is with the Emilia camp. Even if it meant abusing his sense of pride and chivalry to do it.

"Okay."

"Wait, Subaru!" Emilia shouted, not wanting her knight to leave her, worried for his sake. Subaru turned towards Emilia, noticing her being worried.

"Don't worry, Emilia-tan. I'll be okay. Trust me." He gave a thumbs up, wanting to comfort her before Reinhard grabbed him and quickly jumped high enough to cover the distance from where they were all the way towards the mansion in a single bound.

"Subaru!" Emilia and Beatrice both shouted as they started to head towards the direction the Sword Saint had gone off to.

As the two girls were running into the forest, Otto stood still for a moment as he knew that his best friend was counting on them to rescue him.

'Natsuki-san, just hang in there. We will come and rescue you.'

As he thought this, he quickly turned towards one of the insects nearby.

This prompted him to kneeled to ask the bugs if they can assist him and the two girls in following the Sword Saint safely.

The insect moved swiftly passed Emilia and Beatrice, prompting Otto to follow the bug while telling the two girls:

"Follow me, I'll get us to Natsuki-san safely."

As he said this, he quickly continued to run with Emilia and Beatrice following behind.

-------------------------------------------------------

As Reinhard had leaped all the way towards the mansion with just one long ass jump, he set Subaru down once they arrived.

"...just how long can you jump?!"

"Pretty far." Reinhard responded. Subaru was amazed at this, then annoyed since, well, what can the Sword Saint not do?

He looked at his surroundings and managed to spot Ram hiding on one tree while Garfiel was hiding in another tree, causing him to roll his eyes at the overkill of the situation at hand.

'Seems like the other me isn't taking any chances.'

He looked forward as he and Reinhard noticed Natsuki Subaru approaching them with Roswaal L Mathers by his side.

This caused Subaru to have a more serious facial expression, knowing that this is not good for him.

"So...you brought Roswaal into this."

"My Myyy, there are two Subaru-kuns in the saaaame area. Are you perhaps a wiiiitch's cult member by any chance?" Roswaal questioned, viewing this as a possibility as to why there are two of them.

"Okay, cut the crap, Ros-chi. We both know that you would've known if I'm a witch cult in disguise or not."

"Quiiiite the attitude this one has."

Subaru looked determined before noticing a wand touching his neck, making him aware that Ram was right next to him.

"You will respect Roswaal-sama if you wish to live."

Subaru remained calm as he knew that he had hit a nerve with Ram.

As he was not fazed by any of this, Natsuki Subaru looked at his counterpart, having some memories of when he would act out like that.

It was painful to recall this since it was prior to the numerous deaths at the Sanctuary.

"You did good, Reinhard." He said as he turned his attention back to Subaru.