"You hit a deer?"

"No! The damn deer was the one that hit us." She screamed this words. The class turned to her. "I'm sorry." She went back to whispering again. "I even went and checked if she or he or it was okay."

"You checked if the deer was okay?"

"Yes. That was stupid, but I didn't know what to do. Please, let me take the test. I've decorated all the formulas and I am perfectly capable of doing any of those really complicated equations. So, please. Let me take the test." Emma's eyes were starting to tear up. She was too sensitive for this.

"Oh, dear. I'm sorry, but you have to leave. You can't take the test."

Louise and Madeline, who were in the same class, gave Emma a sympathetic look. Emma didn't see it, she just took a deep breath and walked away. She crossed Mr. Medina and Rory's path. Rory stepped away from her teacher and hugged Emma like her life depended on it. Emma let herself cry those anger tears. On the other hand, Rory wanted to punch a wall. The twins dealt with emotions very differently. Emma mourned and cried everything out, even happiness was expressed by tears. Rory bottled up her feelings until she exploded, just like today.

"I have to go to the Headmaster office, now. Do you wanna come with?"

"Rory Gilmore, what did you do?" Emma was genuinely surprised. Rory had never been called to any Headmaster's office, only in second grade when they both got into a big fight in the canteen and started throwing food at each other.

Later that day, around third period, Emma was in her locker when Tristan appeared.

"Your sister yelled at me today." He complained. She looked at him with deep indignation. "Not a good day in the Gilmore household, I see."

"Do you ever shut up?" She asked as she closed her locker and took off her headphones. 

"I'm fighting the urge to say 'Only if you make me.' But I won't say that. It wouldn't work any way"

"See. You're learning." She gave him a pat on his back and regretted it immediately. "Now, listen. I'm going to teach you your next lesson: Leave me alone, please."

"Yes, mam." He tried to contain his smile. "But only because you said please." Tristan blew her a kiss and left. Emma tried to contain her smile.

✯✯✯

Emma was distracted in band practice.

"Emma. World calls Emma!" Lane says, waving the drum sticks at her. She was almost tossing one at her friend.

"What?" Emma wakes up from her dreamland.

"Are you done daydreaming about the infuriating guy that you constantly talk about?" Lane asks with a smile on her face.

"What's his name? Troy something, right?" Dave messes with her.

"It's Tristan." She corrects her friend without noticing he was joking. "Anyways. We need to get things done. We only have like 9 songs and 4 covers. We need more for our gigs."

"If we ever get a gig." Brian complains.

"Hey. No Pessimist Brian today, please. It's going to work out. The "Oblivion" will have its time to shine." Sometimes, Emma doubted her own words. Why would it work out? They're only a bunch of teenagers practicing their little songs in a garage. Why would they ever have their time to shine on a stage? I don't know, but I know they will.