Princess Rose Williamford

Start from the beginning

"She is imperfect in every way possible, and maybe she's a terrible mother too, but she gave birth to me and she is sick.

My love, you don't understand the unconditional love between a mother and child, and for that, I am sorry, truly. But my mother needs me.

I know she hasn't been the most agreeable to you but she's still my mother and I will always be there for her, no matter what."

Rose's eyes were not glistening anymore, they rained tears of blood and deep pain.

Perhaps it was because he was right, she didn't know the love between a mother and child. But she did know when her husband was being naive. She'd been with him long enough to notice the switch happen.

She'd seen him turn from husband to son a few many times, and those were very different people.

The letter's arrival was too convenient. It had come a mere few months before the coronation. His family clearly wanted to do their last bidding before he became king. And he was falling for it because deep down, he still missed them.

She felt for him but she didn't know if she could handle it anymore.

"I cannot believe it. After everything they've done... not just to me, to us - you're just going to run after them?

They expect you to. They know your heart and they're playing with its strings... and you're just letting them.

I cannot stop you. You're our future ruler, you do as you please. So... have a safe journey, your royal highness."

After curtsying to the Prince, Rose turned around to leave, without sparing him another glare. Martha followed suit.

It was all too familiar to her, they'd certainly been there before and the outcome was consistent.

They hadn't heard from his family for a while that time around but Rose knew the rules stayed the same.

His family cared not about his well-being, they cared about the crown, and there was nothing they weren't prepared to do to keep it.

The two women walked quietly back to the royal chambers where Martha prepared a bath for the broken-hearted Princess.

She needn't be told. She knew Rose all too well.

As the future Queen sat in the tub filled with warm water, she couldn't help but think of the time before they got married.

When she didn't even know he was the infamous Prince that had run away.

To her, he was a troubled boy who was always involved in some kind of fight with the locals. She found him on the side of the road bleeding after being attacked.

She nursed not only his physical form but his bruised heart back to health.

Edward had lost all hope until he set his eyes on his beautiful Rose. Suddenly he wasn't a useless second son to the king anymore, her was hers... wholeheartedly.

They didn't have much but they had each other.

When he asked for her hand in marriage, she'd been joyful beyond measure. She never knew that someone could see all her broken parts and still love her anyway. She was sure she would die alone, her own parents didn't even want her.