001 - you owe me a beer!

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.
𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘
∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

the wreck┊ *ೃ༄ ┊adelaide

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

𝗕𝗘𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗢𝗙 the Carrera family came with a few responsibilities, like taking shifts at The Wreck to help with the family business

𝗕𝗘𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗢𝗙 the Carrera family came with a few responsibilities, like taking shifts at The Wreck to help with the family business. Usually she would be running back and forth to the kitchen and serving the customers their food but lately Adelaide has been stuck behind the counter. It would be a lie if she had said that she enjoyed the cashier job over the waitressing one. It was a great excuse from talking to someone she didn't want to. Serving food was never ending, the second you hand the food over, more was ready and it was one giant loop.

Sadly, she had dropped a single plate last week so was banned from taking them for the while being and was put at the cash register. Boring and the most talkative role there if they think to know you. It was mostly a hotspot for tourists, but nonetheless somebody was always up for a chat.

"Hi! How can i help you?" Adelaide said maybe too enthusiastically to hide her annoyance at the job with a fake smile plastered onto her face. The boy standing in front smiled and asked for a table for him and his friends. He points back at a group still coming through the door, and the girl spots the infamous kook trio within it — Kelce, Topper and Rafe. She then looks back at the boy and realises she doesn't recognise him but there he was hanging out with the most known group of kooks. It would be silly to say he wasn't attractive because he most definitely was. His hair was brunette and his eyes were a hazel colour. But his smile was the feature which stood out, the way it slightly curved up but still had deep meaning.

Suddenly there's a shift in his stance, and she snapped back to reality hoping he hadn't noticed her checking him out. "You can just follow me and i'll show you to your table," They both walked over to a table which could sit six and she placed a few menus down onto it, "Here you go!" The boy gave her a small wave as she returned to the counter, but she couldn't help and send sneaky glances at that table. Adelaide watched as the rest of the group finally arrived at the table and how they were deep in conversation already. From all the time she's known the three kooks, there were only rare events where they genuinely laugh or smile.

She takes her eyes from off of them and starts picking at her nails as she waited for more costumers to walk through the doors. She repeatedly looks over at her phone waiting for her shift to end so her plans for the rest of the day could commence. A voice had suddenly spoke and she raises her head to be met by the familiar face. "Don't think i didn't notice you looking over to my table."

"Hi Rafe," He smirked at his comment before and leaned on the counter. The teenagers held eye contact but nobody spoke until Adelaide had caught sight of a family heading through the entry, "Looks like duty calls." She groaned signalling at the family slowly coming up to where she stood. "I'll see you later, yeah?" He asked and the curly haired girl put on a smile and shrugged her shoulders before sending a joke about the endless working hours and then he proceeded back to the table near the long windows which let all the sunlight shine through. Adelaide took another look at the time on her phone and let out another groan as she had still an hour and a half left.