2|| Delusions Of Happiness Are Better Than The Coldness Of Reality... Right?

Hello ^-^! 

Another forgotten story is updated finally... 

I hope you enjoy ^-^! 

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Chuuya would see Dazai often after that day, but he was the only person who could see Dazai. No one would believe him when he told them about Dazai. He would just think that he was crazy.

Chuuya never asked Dazai about why no one else could see him. He was okay with it though. He was just happy to have Dazai around even though their relationship was different from the others. 

He would often sit with Dazai and listen to his stories about his life. Or they would talk about current events, or just everyday topics. Chuuya often found himself enjoying their conversations and found the time to relax from all his chaotic days. 

Chuuya looked forward to see Dazai every day and was filled with joy when he came around. Even when Dazai was not there, Chuuya held a special place in his heart for him. 

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Chuuya was crying in his room. His cheek was bruised from his father's slap and the blood in the corner of his lips was already dried. He then felt a hand was slowly stroking his hair and looked up with his teary eyes. 

It was Dazai. He was there for Chuuya just like he had been in all of his hardest times and was showing his support to Chuuya silently. They didn't need words to comfort each other after all. 

Chuuya hugged Dazai tight and sobbed into his chest. Dazai understood Chuuya's pain and held him tightly, gently singing the song he told him when they first met to calm him down. After a few minutes and wiped Chuuya's tears. "Everything is going to be alright." He said with a soft voice and then kissed Chuuya's forehead as a gesture of his affection. 

Chuuya took a deep breath and couldn't help but smile. He knew that Dazai was always there for him, no matter what. Even if no one else was with him... 

Dazai was always there. He was the only person who Chuuya could always rely on and that was enough for him. He then hugged Dazai tighter and breathed in his scent, savoring the moment they shared. He could never get tired of it. The security and comfort that Dazai brought him was always more than enough for him. He felt so connected to Dazai and it meant so much to him. He blessed to have someone like Dazai in his life and knew that he could always depend on him. 

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

One day, Dazai told Chuuya something which made him shudder. "Chuuya, I'm not real."

Chuuya couldn't believe in his ears. He stared at Dazai with wide eyes, his mind was filled with disbelief. "What do you mean, you are not real?" 

Dazai simply chuckled at Chuuya's perplexed expression. "It's hard to explain, but think of it this way... I'm not a human being with a physical presence. I'm more like a thought, an idea, or a dream. I exist only in your mind and in your heart." 

Chuuya still found it hard to understand what Dazai was telling him, but at the same time, he felt strangely comforted by the idea. In his own way, Dazai would always be there with him, no matter what happened. He nodded at Dazai, a small smile was playing at the corners of his lips. "It's okay. I still love you." 

Dazai's eyes softened and gave Chuuya a half smile. "I love you too, but I won't exist anymore as soon as you start taking medicines." 

Chuuya's eyes widened in surprise. "What do you mean by that?" He was still refusing to believe.

"Chuuya, you know all my commitments and promises that I made to you. I will keep all of them even if I don't exist anymore. That moment has come." Dazai said in a gentle voice. 

Chuuya was taken aback. He felt cold sweat trickle down his back. He knew that something was wrong... Definitely wrong... However, he didn't want to accept it. He wanted to keep living in the moment and he wanted to stay with Dazai forever. He opened his mouth to say something, but all he could manage was a choked sob. 

Dazai smiled sadly and reached out to take Chuuya's hand in his. "I know how hard it is for you, but I promise, I will keep all of my promises. I will always love you, Chuuya." 

Chuuya felt tears were streaming down his face. He had never felt so helpless before. He wanted to tell Dazai how much he loved him, but the words seemed too small and insignificant. All he could do was nod his head in agreement and hold Dazai's hand tightly. 

The two stayed like that for a few minutes, before Dazai finally let go of Chuuya's hand and spoke. "Goodbye, Chuuya." 

With that he was gone... All he left behind was Chuuya who was sobbing uncontrolably. 

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

It had been 5 years since Dazai was gone and now Chuuya was 15 years old now. He had started to high school and was staying in a dorm, away from his abusive parents. He was missing Dazai more than ever and the lingering sadness was hard to cope with. 

He focused on his studies to get Dazai out of his mind, but it didn't work at all. No matter what he did, Dazai seemed to be on his mind. He tried his hardest to stay focused and get all his work done on time, but it seemed impossible when his mind kept wandering back to thoughts of Dazai. No matter what he did, Dazai seemed to be on his mind. He tried his hardest to stay focused and get all his work done on time, but it seemed impossible when his mind kept wandering back to thoughts of Dazai. He tried to push these thoughts away, but they kept coming back and he eventually realized that nothing he did was going to make them go away. He decided that, instead of fighting it, he would just accept it and let his thoughts of Dazai linger in his mind, adding a bit of joy to his day even when things were feeling overwhelming. 

He tried to focus on the moments they shared, laughing at their banter and remembering the feeling of fondness he felt when they were together. It was a pleasant distraction. He knew he had no control over his emotions, so he made peace with them. 

After all delusions of happiness were better than the coldness and cruelty of the reality... Right? 

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Think this as a transition chapter. 

I promise there will be better chapters! 

This story will be final in 5th chapter! 

I love you all ^-^! 

See you in the next chapters >~<~!