He's body suddenly felt pressure, like something was pushing him to the ground, it felt heavy, the atmosphere of the place became so dense.

'What the hell is this?' His mind ran wild, he didn't know what was happening, his palms were sweaty, knees weak, arms were heavy.

He looked at his god and felt aura like he never felt before.

Heracles unleashed his godly aura.

"Neat trick you got there old man." August feigned ignorance, he pushed what he was feeling inside deep down as he swallowed his saliva, trying to act tough in front of the force he was facing.

"..." Heracles didn't answer him, he just stood there, his eyes staring straight at August's.

I gotta go, I have to make the first strike, I have to take the tempo. He said to himself, hyping himself up as his hand gripped Beowulf harder. He unleashed his mana and took a step towards his god.

But as he took that step the pressure became more intense, as a radiant light glowed brightly, it was Heracles, the light was beautiful to look at but at the same time, it was terrifying. the golden light shining from Heracles presence made August's body stop on his tracks.

"Stand down child." his voice, calm and serene yet it carries a lot of weight.

August gritted his teeth, pushing himself to continue, to march forward, commanding his mana and body to follow his will... But it didn't listen to him, his body felt like stone, his mana didn't move by his will. "ARGHHH!!!" He screamed, trying his best to force his body.

But the pressure kept on rising.

August knelt to the ground, dropping his spear, his eyes filled with tears... He lost...

"..." he couldn't speak, he thought that he had a chance, but oh how wrong he was. He never really stood a chance against his god.

"August, raise your head." Heracles spoke, his voice filled with divinity as he walked and stood in front of his child. "Bravery is a weapon, It can be harnessed to face ones fears, to conquer it." He knelt down to face his child, his eyes filled with sincerity a father would have in talking to his son. "It shows the heart of a warrior." he placed his hand on top of August's head.

"..." August was silent, but he raised his head to look at his god.

"Bravery isn't all about facing your fear, it isn't all about showing your strength. It is also brave to admit that you have been beaten, it is not cowardly to run, to acknowledge defeat, to know one's limit."

Heracles stood up offering his hand to August.

"A warrior will face its fair share of challenges, that is just how the world works, it will bring you down, beat you up, make you kneel in defeat... I myself suffered from fear, I myself lost people in the pursuit of strength." There was a certain melancholy in the god's voice. "Sometimes in life you can't just push on, you need to know when it is time to let go."

August took the god's outstretched hand, and Heracles pulled him up, helping him stand on his feet.

"But letting go doesn't mean that you should just cower in fear, after all you still have to face it. remember this lesson August, and remember it well, no matter how many times life pushes you down, no matter how many times it beats you up, no matter how many times it brings you to your knees in defeat... You can always stand right back up, you can always fight another day, and you will eventually win if you keep on improving yourself... You have to know one's limit in order for you to push through it, to break past your limit."

Heracles then points at August's heart, as his eyes look at his child, his eyes filled with love for his child, determination to make him strong, to make him brave, to make his son walk a path that would lead to a fulfilled life.

"Your heart will guide you in your life, follow it, do what you want, and be brave enough to face the challenges ahead but to also to admit that you have been beaten. You can always fight another day."

Tears started to well up in August's eyes, emotions of thankfulness, of gratitude, of love, all for his god.

The adventures might have saved his life, but Heracles saved August's "life" and for that he will be eternally grateful for his god.

Tears started to fall from his eyes, Heracles might see him as a man, a warrior, but deep down, he was still a 15 year old boy.

with a smile, he looked at his god, he could only show his appreciation to his god by saying.

"Thank you..."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
***

Hey guys, chapter 14 is done, As usual I won't be posting tomorrow, you all know the drill by now.

Please leave a comment, a review and feedback so I can improve on writing this fanfic. every little thing helps as it allows me to see your preference on things and would help me write a better fanfic for you all to enjoy.

thanks for picking up this fanfic. hope you guys like it.

good day, love y'all.