Chapter 6: Part 1: Last Night was Rocky

Start bij het begin

His body hurts, but he needs to get up... check the GPS first, see how far they have until they reach Barbados. A few hours ago the calculation equated to them reaching the island today around midday... with the storm last night they may have lost a couple of hours but they should possibly reach the island by late afternoon, or sooner even.

He pulls back the blanket, tumbles out of bed, grimacing as the world sways beneath his feet.. he holds his head as it pulsates- feeling like it could explode with every internal thump... he waits for the ground to become stationary again as his vision continues to swirl... he slowly paces out toward the cabin and then out onto the deck, first passing what he'd spewed out last night- making his stomach lurch again, but he has nothing left in him to puke out..

Infact, on the contrary, he'd craved food... his stomach was so empty- so hungry- he could eat just about everything they had left in the kitchen.

He was going to make Ki breakfast... that was his plan... that's the way he could simmer things between them... possibly she'd consider it an apology for whatever he'd done the previous night... so that is what he'll do...

He's sure some of his memories will become clearer with time... probably with food in his stomach he could think better...

He's not sure he wants those memories back.. but, he kind of knows he needs them... because the last thing he remembers was him sitting at the bar...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ki wakes, pulling the bedsheets over her chest.. the warmth was nice and the weather outside... well, she'd assumed it would only be similar but milder to the storm they'd received the previous night.

She was so tired she could barely open her eyes- she'd found it hard to sleep... After having dropped down next to Rafe that night- her mind kept her awake on all thoughts of everything that had happened. But today she knew they'd soon arrive in Barbados, so she needed to get herself up and ready.

She slowly wakes, stirring under her blanket- stretching out like a cat, letting her arms out to reach the headboard, when she hears movement coming from the cabin, and she pops her head up a little to peer toward the door.

She can hear Rafe shuffling around... probably preparing a bag or two for their arrival... then eventually the sound of his feet nearing her door, letting the door creak open a little and she drops her head back into her pillow, pretending she'd gone back to sleep. She could almost feel his eyes on her inspecting her...

She was upset with him... with a lot of things- with the way he approached her, with things he'd said- or yelled or the way he touched her... he was rough... mean and callous... he'd said a lot of things that were uncalled for too... he acted like she didn't care about him... or care for him... she did... she does...

She needed time... she really did... because just as complicated as last night had been, she began to realize Rafe had some big things of his own going on with him too... he needed someone who would listen to him... help him...

She began to realize he must have felt alone... with no one who was close... someone who he could trust- someone who'd truly be there to listen to him.

Either way, she can't be soft with him- she needed to be firm- her heart was yet fuming.. and facing him right now didn't feel right... not so soon.

She just needs time to think... to get her head straight...

He strides in- she can hear his feet pacing nearer- makes his way around the bed- to her side- bold enough to stop just above her. She could smell him- he'd definitely had a shower, he hadn't smelt of alcohol anymore- but fresh... with a hint of a sandalwood scent maybe?... but the waft of a smell of something else had filled the air- something he'd brought in with him too... food.

"Ki." he looms over her- voice grated and thick- like something stubborn lodged his throat- and so he clears it. "I... I- ahhh- brought you something." he waits for her to respond- his eyes swaying over her as he looks down.

He watches her- feeling a little impatient... She was kind of behaving immature- pretending to sleep- to avoid him?- were his thoughts... he'd heard her- the movement of bedsheets and her humming and yawn as she stirred underneath the sheets- he'd definitely known she was awake. She wasn't pulling off being asleep either- he'd studied her enough to know that this was not her asleep...

She'd sounded so content as she woke, he'd kind of felt relief- eager to walk in- get what he wanted off his chest- but only for her to deliberately shun him off when he'd made his way in.

"Ki- I know you're awake... just-" he sighs. "I have news."

His head was hurting- he doesn't have time for this- he'd wanted to finish packing his bag-

Her eyes slowly flutter open- mockingly staling for time- knowing it would piss him off- just like he'd pissed her off last night...

It does annoy him somewhat... but it more turns him on than anything- she'd look hot batting her lashes at him from his bed- he can't help it- reminding him of all the thoughts he'd had of getting her off earlier- making his cheeks stain pink as he tries to hold off those thoughts.

She doesn't say anything, just stares at him- waiting.

He huffs out an apprehensive smile, not knowing what to say.

"Ummm... I know I've pissed you off... you're angry- right?- at me-" he says slowly-

"Pissed doesn't describe how I feel- Rafe-" she scoffs- her expression suddenly morphs and contorts into anger- tossing her blanket back and sliding her feet off the side, letting her feet touch the ground. "But forget it- what's the news?" she hums annoyed- Rafe rolls his eyes- "Please tell me we aren't lost-"

"We're about three hours away- hey, calm down-" he hisses, changing his tone with her and taking a step closer. "I can't remember what I did- maybe just tell me-"

"You put me through hell last night- Rafe-" she rasps.

"Sorry!"

"Ok! Good! We can now move on." she rumbles back sarcastically, looking up at him with heated eyes.

Rafe face wrinkles at her.

"I said I'm sorry." he repeats.

"And I'm willing to put some things aside if you leave me alone... for the next few hours... but I need time to think... process- ok?" She says standing onto her feet- smoothing out her dress she'd changed from her wet pjs earlier. He stands inches from her with a plate in his hand- he wants to close the gap between them- take a step closer- he also wants to know more of what he'd done-

"Ki- I need to-" he stops, inhales deeply- stopping himself... feeling his lungs expand with all the frustration his holding in- and his heart speeds up... he stops himself before he only makes her more mad.

Ki steps around him, shoulder brushing past his, when he turns to try to say something... closes his mouth- then opens it again.. "This was meant for you..." he says, trying to offer her the plate he'd brought her- but rolls his eyes away when she doesn't take it, and his words trailing off as she's scooping her phone up on her way out...

He purses back his lips hearing as she'd rushed up onto the deck.

.