Chapter 8: Solutions Pt 1 💚

Start from the beginning

"Fizzarolli, can I talk to you about something?" Asmodeus asks before the show the next day.

"Sure thing, Oz!" Fizzarolli says.

It was kinda cruel to ask Fizzarolli about this to then have him entertain a lot of sick minded freaks, but he wanted Fizz to be in a good headspace while talking, and after the show, he's certainly going to be exhausted. The two of them walk into Ozzie's office and Asmodeus doesn't waste any time to tell Fizzarolli exactly what he's thinking: "I want to adopt you."

"What?!" Fizzarolli asks.

"I said..." Ozzie takes a deep breath. "I want to adopt you."

Fizzarolli forces out a laugh. "Ozzie, you can't adopt me." He says.

"Why not?" Asmodeus asks carefully. He wants Fizz to understand that he's serious about this.

Fizzarolli looks at him confused. "Because! I'm not- and you're- and- and Mammon- you- fucking what?"

"Fizzy, breathe. I can't understand you right now, you need to structure your sentences, love." Ozzie explains.

"You need to structure your brain!" Fizzarolli insults. "What exactly are you suggesting here?" His eyes were big and sad, feeling betrayed by the only person he thought he could actually trust- how could Ozzie ask this of him?

Ozzie swallowed nervously. "I want you to be reclassified then I want to be your legal caregiver."

"Ozzy, we've talked about this before, I'm case you forgot." Fizzarolli says.

"I know, and I do understand. But, I'm worried about you, hun. You work so hard and you hardly ever get a break." Ozzie says. "Someone has to make sure mammon can't take advantage of you anymore."

"I'm fine! Reclassifying me will mean that I'd have to sacrifice everything I've worked so hard for! Don't you understand that? I'd always have someone telling me what to do, how to dress, what to think!" Fizzarolli shouts.

"Isn't that already happening to you?" Ozzie asks. "At least if I was your caregiver, I could make sure that Mammon doesn't overwork you anymore. He won't be in charge of you."

"Oh, so you can be in charge of me instead?" Fizzarolli asks.

"No! Well- yes, legally I would be. But, Fizz, you know I would never-"

Fizzarolli shakes his head. "We just started dating, are you absolutely sure that you want to push this?" He asks.

"Fizz..."

"I trusted you!" Fizzarolli says. "I told you that no one can know about it, I told you that I got it handled."

"Fizz, please calm down. I will not do anything unless you're okay with it." Asmodeus reassured him.

"Well, I'm not okay with it!" Fizzarolli shouts again.

"Then I won't do anything! I just wanted you to think about it, that's all." Asmodeus says.

Fizzarolli takes a few deep breaths to calm down. "I'm sorry."

Asmodeus nods. "It's alright, are you okay?"

Fizzarolli nods. "Yeah... I think so."

"Will you please tell me why you don't want this? Be specific, I'm just trying to understand so we can reach a better solution." Asmodeus says.

Fizzarolli nods. "I'll be labeled in the system for life; I'll have to follow rules that were written to 'keep me in line,' and I'll be treated like a kid, even when I'm not regressed; you don't understand how overwhelming that can be- my whole world would be changing." He says.