History

I honestly find the history class interesting and I'm currently having writer's block, so enjoy all history classes leading up to Break
~~~~~~~~~~~~~---------------
"'Wilting' of a wand occurs when the wand has expelled all magic, inhibiting its further magical use, This phenomenon most often occurs with hazel wands, which often bond so strongly with their true masters that after their owners death those wands lost all magic in this way, This was curable by replacing the wand core, unless the core was originally of unicorn hair, in which case there was no hope and the wand would have actually "died" as opposed to simply wilted. Garrick Ollivander has stated that a wand chose a wizard, It is not always clear why, but certain wands seemed to have a natural affinity for certain wizards or witches, this was the most fundamental law. The second stated the connections made between both wizard and wand were complex, and would grow with experience, the wand learning from the wizard, the wizard from the wand. Thirdly, a wizard might channel his energy with any wand, whether or not it was his, However, the best results came when there was a great likeness between a wizard and a wand. Lastly, a wand might be won from its master, and only then would its allegiance bend towards the new master.

To win a wand, one must overpower and hence defeat its master in some way, this did not apply in situations such as practice duels, in which being disarmed or defeated would not affect a wand's loyalty. However, it should be noted that wands usually stay loyal to their original owners, For example, even if a wizard was disarmed or lost a fight while carrying his wand, the wand would have developed an affinity with its original owner so that it would not be given up easily, Therefore, simply disarming a wizard might not be enough to win over a wand's allegiance, Wands that have suffered an immense degree of damage could not be fixed by any means most wandmakers knew of. By the 1920s, there were four great and prominent wandmakers in the United States of America, all of whom had different methods and views on what it took to craft a good wand, but who all had ties with Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, from whom the school sought expertise when the students were to be selected for a wand following the school's sorting ceremony. There were Shikoba Wolfe, a witch of Choctaw descent who were particularly well known for her intricately carved wands containing Thunderbird tail feathers, which were reputed to be extremely powerful, though difficult to master.

Another accomplished soul in the craft of wandlore were Johannes Jonker, the son of non-magical parents who learned the art of working with wood from his father, who had been an accomplished cabinet maker. Jonker made wands that were both instantly recognisable because most of them were inlaid with mother-of-pearls, and, more importantly, highly sought after. Thiago Quintana, on the other hand, preferred a sleek and oftentimes lengthy design for his wands, into which he would encase a single translucent spine from the back of the White River Monsters of Arkansas known to produce spells of force and elegance. Violetta Beauvais from New Orleans, on her part, made wands that were always made of swamp mayhaw wood that contained hair of the rougarou, the dangerous dog-headed monster that prowled Louisiana swamps. Two of the most accomplished European wandmakers were Garrick Ollivander and Mykew Gregorovitch. The former of the two was widely considered the best wandmaker in Britain, and, some would say, the whole wizarding world. Yet others maintain that Gregorovitch was even more skilful than his British counterpart."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~---------------
Witch Trials
~~~~~

The Salem Witch Trials, The most famous witch Trials, occurred in the settlement of Salem in colonial Massachusetts in 1692 and 1693, and resulted in the executions of twenty people accused of witchcraft, most of them women. Some of these women were actually witches, though they were entirely innocent of the crimes of which they were convicted, Others were simply No-Majes unlucky enough to be swept up in a moment of mass hysteria.The trials were the culmination of Puritan witch hunts in North America, Most of the judges who presided over the trials were Puritans, but according to wizarding historians, at least two were actually Scourers seeking to settle personal vendettas against other wizards, Britain had a similar event in between the 1400 and 1500s whoch led to the Britain's version of the Statue of Secrecy. The Salem witch trials were a major traumatic event in the history of the wizarding world, They provoked many witches and wizards who had settled in the New World to return to their homelands, and helped to dissuade further immigration for centuries to come, especially by pure-blood families.

The lobby of the MACUSA headquarters in the Woolworth Building in New York featured four golden statues of phoenixes erected in memory of the victims of the Salem Witch Trials. In the 1920s, the New Salem Philanthropic Society, a fanatical No-Maj group looking to expose and destroy wizards and witches, called themselves the "Second Salemers", The book The Scars of Salem: Essays on the Witch Trials of 1692 contained a collection of essays on the Salem Witch Trials and their lasting impact on the American wizarding community. The ICW then decreed and Instated the Statue of Secrecy and Laws on Underage magic to help better hide our world and to ensure another event like that does not happen again"
------------------------------------------------------------------
Until next time my pups

• mischief managed •