Tubbo: Pt 2

TW: memory wipe,
Please let me know if I missed any

Tubbo sat on the window sill, his wings fluttering occasionally as he looked out into the city.

It was the third day of awaiting something that may not come, and everyone was getting restless, uneasy about everything, and annoyed.

His antennas picked up a little warp in vibrations, and not a moment later, Ranboo was standing by his side.

"What is it." He said, not looking away from the city.

"Tommy," he paused, seeming to debate what he was going to say next. "And, you."

He stepped over Tubbo, and grabbed the ledge above the windows, casually swinging himself up to land precariously on said ledge.

The two of them stayed there for a moment.

"He misses you, you know." Ranboo said quietly.

Tubbo shifted, his antenna flicking in irritation. "I'm right here though, he could walk over to me."

Ranboo peered down at him, his eyes glowing in the evening light. "Can he?"

The whole world seemed silent at that, and Ranboo continued, "You are here physically, but mentally you're somewhere else. Tommy needs Tubbo back, not Vespa. I need you, I need my brother back, Tommy needs his best friend." It almost sounded like he was pleading, pleading to all the stars in the sky, and because it was Ranboo, thousands of other pleas were laced into it.

Tubbo sighed, "I'm sorry Ranboo, I guess- I guess I got so worried about our safety, that I forgot about your guys' feelings."

He put his head in his hands, thinking over all the times Tommy just wanted his friend, just his brother, just Tubbo. And all the times he thought Ranboo just didn't want to deal with him. When really, he couldn't stand watching them fight, he didn't want them to fall apart.

"You can still fix it." The older said tentively.

Tubbo swung his legs back inside, and sauntered to their room. The door clicked open, and Tommy was on the bed, something round cupped in his hands.

His compass.

When they were taken in, Kit's best friend, she called him Ghostbur, gave Tommy and Tubbo each a compass, and a necklace with a red pendant. He explained that the compasses pointed to each other's necklaces.

So they'd never feel apart.

"Do you still have yours?" Tommy asked after a minute, moving the compass to see his faint reflection.

"Of course I do." He always wore the necklace, and kept the compass in one of his pockets. He used to keep it clipped to his belt, but one day something happened and he cracked it.

He unclipped his pocket and fished it out. But it didn't point to Tommy.

"What?" He half whispered following the direction it was pointing to.

"Vespa-"

"Tubbo." He said turning back to Tommy. His hand instinctively went to where his necklace was.

"I didn't lose it."

Tubbo opened his mouth but Tommy went on, "or throw it away, or anything like that, so stop whatever you're thinking."

"He gave it to me for safe guarding." Ranboo stepped through the door.

"Safe guarding?"

Tommy winced, "I was worried that at some point we'd end up attacking one another."