Chapter 4: Ranboo

TW: fire, fighting, hospitals, ambulance, anesthesia, injuries, blood,
Please let me know if I missed any

Tubbo was shouting orders at the people around the burning building as Ranboo and Tommy rushed inside.

The two looked at each other for a frantic second before splitting up, all sadness, and resentment, and regret forgotten as the three slipped into an easy pace, working quickly with each other, and Rouge and Slime.

Ranboo combed through room after room, quickly evacuating the people he found.

Good news, we've got reinforcements, bad news, they're heros.

"I mean, we can't complain too much." Ranboo muttered, kicking down a jammed door.

But they're heros, so we can complain a little. Tommy laughed through the comms.

What about heros? Atlas asked.

Oh, yeah, they are connected to our comms.

Thanks for the heads up T- Vespa.

Ranboo muttered under his breath as he searched another room.

The five of you have about 10 minutes before the building collapses. So unless you all want to meet Astin, I would get out in 7.

Ranboo started the mental timer. Seven minutes, seven minutes to get everyone to safety, seven minutes to check 5 more floors. He quickened his pace, tuning out the smell of smoke and the crackly heat of the fire.

Even in the intense heat, he could feel the cold thrumming through him, slowly creeping like the coldest ice, towards his core.

His head was spinning as he made another jump, it was small, only a few feet up to the next floor, he pushed back the nausea and ran full tilt down the hallway.

Last floor, you've got 2:30 minutes counting

Guys, it's Icarus, I'm stuck on the 5th floor, the door is blocked with flaming debris, and I have a kid with me, they're too big to fly with. I'm on the north side.

Alright, I want you to smash the window and tell the kid to jump in 3. . . 2. . . 1. . . Go!

Sorry.

There was a sharp scream that cut through the air, and for a moment everything was silent.

And then the roof creaked loudly, over the crackle of burning wood.

Everyone get out. Astin, Icarus, Jubilee, Atlas, GET OUT! Tubbo shouted into the comms.

Ranboo kicked a door down and saw a little boy crying, huddled in the corner. He crouched down, and the little boy scooted further back.

'It'll be okay' he signed with one hand. The boy shook his head.

Astin! I know you can hear me, get the fuck out.

The wood cracked, and the world stood still. Ranboo pulled the boy into him, and the roof collapsed.

Enderians could only teleport so much and so far before having their pearl shatter from the pressure of the interdimensional travel.

But Ranboo was one for pushing limits, stretching his ability out so much, that a fatal jump for most would only knock him out for a few days.

That doesn't mean he doesn't have a limit, he's mortal after all.