The 'Bathroom Excuse'

Start from the beginning

He once again thought for a moment, before shrugging, "This is beyond my paycheck. You figure it out, Anri."

The poor woman had to stop herself from lashing out, as she muttered a quiet 'okay' and made her way out of the room.

Finding a solution shouldn't be that difficult by herself...

Maybe she'd just have a little chat with you later or something...

——

Humming softly to yourself, you slowly made your way down the long, grey halls, thinking quietly about the horrendous interior design.

No, but seriously...they should really rethink the 'prison-like' grey color and single blue stripe...it's not a good combination.

Taking the hair tie from your wrist, you pinned your hair back into a loose bun, pulling out some random strands on the side and front before finally catching sight of Team Z's room.

It's been about two and a half weeks already, but somehow you still hadn't managed to remember where your team room was most of the time. You found yourself lucky right now that you had found it, considering you had just been wandering around hoping for the best.

Clearing your throat, you exhaled softly before stepping in, the automatic door sliding open with a loud 'woosh'.

"Y/N!", Bachira exclaimed, eyes lighting up as he kicked the ball away that he was messing with and went to approach you.

You smiled softly, "Hey Bachira. "

Placing a hand on your left shoulder, he brought his face down to inspect your right one, making a notable noise of confusion.

"Ah right...about that.", you began, noticing everyone's attention now on you, "The doctors said it was actually in better condition than normal, so they gave me the choice to put a sling on it. I declined obviously...", you rolled your eyes playfully, hoping to lighten the atmosphere.

Some relieved sighs and relaxed faces could be seen and heard, which set you a bit at ease.

"Wait, so are you going to play in the next game tomorrow?" Chigiri questioned, fiddling with a strand of his hair.

You nodded your head, "I asked and Ego said I'm not allowed to touch a ball for the next five days until he knows I've fully recovered. Asshole..." You muttered the last bit under your breath which Bachira clearly heard, letting out a soft chuckle in response.

"That's a bummer...we could've really used your help against team V." Immamura said with a frown

A few others nodded in agreement.

"In any case, we're glad you're okay." Kunigami sent a small smile your way as he tried to lighten the atmosphere.

A snort could be heard from Raichi as he rolled his eyes, "In my opinion, I could've used a couple more hours without your annoying ass constantly bothering me."

You let a smirk crawl onto your face, "You're not kidding anyone Jingo. I know you would be heartbroken without me."

"As if." He scoffed

Looking around, you let your face contort into one of displeasure, "Oh...and where'd 'he' go?"

"You mean Kuo-"

"Yuck. Don't even say his name please."

A few nasal laughs could be heard at your expression of disgust.

Igaguri raised his hand, "I saw him walk out of the shower rooms when I was heading to dinner. He's probably out trying to conspire with Team V or something..."