"Ok, Jason, here's what's going to happen," she announced. "I'm going to put my hand on your forehead, I'm going to root around in your head for a moment to see if that is what actually happened. You are going to feel like you're floating but otherwise, it's painless. I am not going to hurt you, I am not going to invade any personal thoughts. All I want to know is where you come from and what you have to do with my boyfriend. Is this ok and do you understand?"

"Uh, yeah," he stuttered. "I understand and it-it's ok."

"Good. Books?"

"I'm ready," she said, a vial of gold liquid in her hands and Cressida put her hand to his forehead.

And the camp watched as Cressida's eyes burst into purple flames as her palm glowed and she simply stood there.

For one minute, two minutes, three minutes they waited, they watched, and it seemed rather anticlimactic when her eyes just returned to normal and she took her hand off Jason.

Annabeth handed Cressida the vial but she waved it away.

"So? What's the verdict?" Annabeth asked as Jason just stood there.

"His memories have definitely been taken, there is nothing there. He retained the basics, how to speak, battle reflexes and all that, but his identity everything that makes Jason, Jason, is gone."

"Can you get it back?" Chiron questioned and she shook her head.

"Take Annabeth for example. I know her, I know what's happened in her life, and I could give her back enough memories that they can start coming back on their own - it's like giving her a jumpstart. I have no idea who Jason was before we found him and we don't have anyone else who knows, I can't give him anything back because there is nothing to give."

"Well, will they come back on their own?" Annabeth wondered and Cressida's eyes drifted back to Jason.

"Maybe. It depends on him and what god took his memories."

"It was Hera," Jason blurted, reminding himself not to say Juno. "It has to be. That's why she's been sending me visions about her in a cage."

"Well, then," Cressida said. "You have my sincerest apologies. Hera hates demigods."

"You didn't have any luck finding Percy?" Annabeth asked gently and Cressida's jaw tightened as if she was both angry and trying to keep herself together.

"Nothing. Trees said Artemis said to track Lycaon. We were on his trail when I left," Cressida answered.

"Can we get back to capture the flag?!" called someone from the Ares cabin and Cressida's eyes combusted again as she turned towards Cabin Five before Annabeth put a hand on her shoulder.

"Ignore them. Sit with me. I doubt you've taken care of yourself the past three days."

And the fire died out, albeit reluctantly. "Fine, but they better keep their mouths shut if they know what's good for them."

"They will," Annabeth said as she linked their arms together and tugged her to sit down in the front row with Jason as Chiron began announcements.

"Yes," the centaur said. "I know the Ares cabin is anxious to return to the woods for our regular games."

"And kill people!" one of them shouted.

"However," Chiron said, "until the dragon is brought under control, that won't be possible. Cabin Nine, anything to report on that?"

A woman from Leo's group stood, her hair covered in a red bandanna. "We're working on it."

"How, Nyssa?" an Ares kid demanded.