She spun around and raced back up the stairs. They all watched her go and Isaac shook his head with a chuckle. Jess was standing next to him now and the other boy's presence was comforting in a way only his could be.

Ki's mom stepped forward with a kind smile. "Hello Jess, it's so nice to meet you."

Jess shook her hand back. "It's nice to meet you too."

"We'll be up in my room." Ki told his mom and she nodded.

"Come down for dinner in about an hour and a half okay?"

"Will do." Ki nodded his head before leading the way up the stairs. Jess stayed right behind Isaac the whole way up. When they reached the bedroom Isaac noticed the way Jess's eyes looked around, taking in every detail.

Ki sat down on the gamer chair that used to be Jace's. It was a change but not an unacceptable one. Isasc put his hand on the small of Jess's back and led him over to Ki's bed where they both sat next to each other.

Ki picked up the remote and offered it to Isaac who declined. With a shrug, Ki took it back and joined the game himself.

Jess and Isaac sat on the bed and watched the game. Andrew leaned over with a sly smile and tried to hit random buttons on Ki's remote. Ki retaliated by trying to play one handed and hit Andrew with the other hand. There was something so familiar about it that it was comfortable.

Jess leaned into his side. Isaac smiled and wrapped his arm behind Jess, offering it as a pillow to hold Jess into place. The warmth of the interaction was nice.

"FUCK! ANDREW YOU IDIOT!" Ki rose from the chair to grab a pillow from the bed, only to beat Andrew with it. Andrew was laughing and cheering in victory. His cheering was interrupted when Ki started hitting him and he held his arms up as a shield.

Zack began laughing and Jess's lips rose upward in a smile. Ki sat down in the chair with a huff and mumbled something about Andrew being a cheater. He tossed the remote over to the bed.

"You play." Ki grumbled.

Zack smiled and picked up the remote. Andrew picked up his own remote and relaxed back in the chair with a smile. They started playing and Isaac wasn't half bad. He was a bit off his game but he didn't suck.

Jess watched with interest. No one said anything about the fact his legs were in Isaac's lap and Zack's arm was around him. They actually didn't even bat an eye.

Isaac won two of the five games they played. By the time they were done Vicky was knocking on the door. Andrew was grinning wide while looking over at her, he had just won.

"Dinner's ready." She smiled while opening the door all the way up.

Isaac let go of Jess and the boy slid off his lap. He sat the remote on the table while standing up himself. Ki turned off the game and Andrew sat his remote next to Zack's.

The started out the doorway and followed the girl down the stairs. Ahead of then, Vicky bumped her shoulder into Ki's. He shouldered her right back and then war had started ahead of them.

Ki grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder like a potato sack. She was laughing while kicking and squirming. They stepped down the stairs and Vicky was still squirming.

"Ki you put her down!" Mrs. Lendev was glaring but she wasn't mad. She was never mad.

Ki dropped Vicky with a smile. She grunted but stood up. She turned and glared, going to swing at Ki's abdomen. Ki grunted and pushed her to the side.

"Do you see this, Mom?"

"Are you being troublesome?" Isaac cut in and swooped down to grab Vicky. She squealed as he picked her up and rotated her so she was upside down.