Chapter 27: The Truth Will Always Prevail

"Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons. The truth will win this marathon in court." - Michael Jackson

(Unedited)

[Rafael POV]

I was stunned to see her, looking magnificient in her black lacy dress showcasing her long creamy legs I've been dreaming every night. She never look like she gotten birth of any child. I thought my eyes just popped out of their socket. I felt that all too familiar electricrifying sensations rushing through my blood just seeing her again. How much I ache to hold her again.

Our eyes was locked, and for a brief moment, I thought I saw love, longing, and pain in her eyes. But it was soon concealed with no emotions. She was staring at me impassively. I showed no emotion, but deep within me I'm fighting the temptation to crushed her in my chest and smell her natural scent that always drive me to madness.

"Where is my son?" her snappy tone dragged me out of my trance. Her cerulean eyes was staring at me furiously. Then it dawned on me what she just said. She was claiming him as her own making my temper flared up rapidly.

"He is my son, too!" I mimicked her tone and meet her furious eyes.

"I carried him in my womb for 9 months, while you enjoyed your life in the arms of another woman! How dare you take him away from me? I have all the right to take responsibility of him. I may not give him the luxury you can give, but I can definitely give him a future even if I need to work my ass off hard, and I will not stop until he will grow up to be a good man with a good future!" she cried out, with her eyes glistening. I was watching as she huffed. She looks like she's ready to kill. I stood my ground and ignored her claim.

"Do you think you can give him a good future? You work in a cafe, and I bet your salary can only cover his food? How do you think you can give him a good future?" I mocked sarcastically. She was taken aback, but she composed herself swiftly.

"If I need to sell my body to give him everything he needs, I will!" her eyes was scorching shooting at me scornfully, with her hands clenching. When her words sunk in my head, I wanted to strangle her. The thought of someone touching her made my temper gone wild. In an instant I was pinning her against the wall.

"You can sell yourself to others, but you can't give me yourself. What does the others can give that I can't give? or that Kevin? I can pay you how much, name your price just be my whore!!" I spit out acidly. The last word made her stop squirming, then she looked at me in disgust, her eyes flickered pain and bitterness, but she quickly concealed it. She pushed me hard and I stumble backwards. I regretted saying the last words. I wanted to hit myself for impulsively calling her that, even if she hurt me so much, I knew she doesn't deserves it. No woman ever deserved to be called a whore. 

She wipe the tears from her eyes and shortly she concealed the sadness and pain that I just saw in her cerulean eyes, making me feel remorseful.

"I guess, I'm just a whore to you," she said softly biting her bottom lip. 

I froze. 

She looked away and paused as she calmed herself. 

"I'm sorry—" I murmured, but she raise her hand to stop me. She looked so hurt, but she gained her composure back.

"I just want my son back," she stated casually. Her eyes was threatening to cry, but she's trying to hold it back.

I remember the day she left. The time she didn't give me a clear reason why she has to leave me? I was hurt and there's no time I didn't cry. I wanted her to feel the pain too, just like what she inflicted it to me when she left me.