“It is ok. I don’t mind it. I forgave you anyway, just so you know.” She smiled at that.

“Thanks. And also. I found Selena.” I froze from that. I don’t know if she wants to see me after this scene.

“If you want to talk to her, she is on the bench outside the school. Don’t screw this up.” She left soon after.

I was wondering though about one thing.

Do I want to go?

Selena’s POV

I did not want that to happen.

I am an awful person.

I pushed the person I care about and hurt his feelings. And it is all because I keep my guard up about my past.

Am I that messed up or something?

I am sitting at the bench I usually sit at in the mornings or even evenings. I don’t care what teachers say about that. I need to calm down.

I can’t hurt other people I care about because of…

I got shocked when I notice the only person I want to see right now.

“Hey, Lost DJ.” I didn’t smile like usual when I said that.

“Hey, Selena. How are you feeling?” He looks concerned like he said something wrong.

“Still like an awful person for hurting you.” I looked at him in his eyes. He doesn't look like he understands.

“Nino. I am sorry. I got too emotional, and I didn’t control my feelings. I just want you to know that it wasn’t your fault that I acted up like that… and… you know.” Thank God that I am not in tears right now.

It was silent for a minute.

“Selena.” Nino placed his hand on my shoulder. Am I blushing at this moment?

“It is ok. True, that hurt me, but I understand. I hope you are feeling better though. I thought that I hurt you.”

I feel worse now than before. I made him think that he hurt me.

I got out of my thoughts when I felt arms wrapping around me. Nino is hugging me.

I was surprised about it, but I hugged back. That feels… peaceful. Calm and nice.

“Nino.” I got his attention, breaking the hug moment. “I never told anyone about this, but I trust you to know.”

He moved a bit to the side and looked at me, showing that he is listening.

“The song you sang earlier… was my parents' favorite song. They listened to it every day and even sang it together, to me especially. They even sang it on my birthday.”

I saw that he was still looking at me. I took a breath before continuing. “They started their music career with that song. They sang a cover together of that song as Power Cupids.”

“Hold on… That’s your parents? My family listens to their songs.”

He is literally fanboying about it but he calms down instantly. “Sorry, continue.”

“Yeah, they are.” I showed him the photo of them and me five years ago. “Five years ago, they had a car accident. I guess you know what happened.” I started crying from that. God, I hate crying.

“I am so sorry for your loss.” Nino looks guilty. “I am sorry…”

“No. You have done nothing wrong. I told you. Don’t blame yourself for that.”

I looked at him once again straight into his eyes. His hazel eyes are shining through his glasses. I couldn’t help but stare at him for a bit.

“Well, you know? It is a coincidence about that song. I sang it to cheer Chelsea up, but we ended up here.” Oh yeah, that is true…

hold on…

“Holy cow!” Nino looked at me confused. “That is true. It can’t be a coincidence. This is amazing! God has answered my answer!”

Nino’s POV

I am glad that we worked out well. I feel more relieved. I guess that Shanique was right about going to see her.

But I don’t understand what she is talking about right now.

“Umm… Selena.” I got her to stop shouting. “Can you explain what you mean?”

“Nino! I know my answer to my most important question.” I looked at her confused.

“Should I join the Star Effect? And the answer is that I should.” Oh… makes more sense.

“I mean, Chelsea wants to leave that group…”

“WHAT!?!”

“Shush! It is almost midnight.”

“Exactly.” We both jumped in fear, seeing luckily Kate, not some teacher, behind us.

“Selena, I am glad you made your decision.” She went to sit down between us.

“What are you doing here?

“Looking for you. And also saying to Nino that he should start his DJ career.” She looked at me.

I froze confused even more. What the fuck is going on today?

"I'm sorry?"

“Chelsea will start her blog, Selena agreed to join Star Effect, and you can start your music career as well.”

“I don’t know if I should. My class is still trying to ruin my life.”

“You won’t be the famous one. The Lost DJ will be. For now.”

She showed her notes full of ideas on how I can start. I still look nervous about it.

“Nino, it took me some time to finally be motivated to start, but I got motivated at a random moment which is thanks to you. Take your time.” Selena gave me her smile.

“Just say that you are ready, and we can help you get started.”

“But what would I do to owe you?”

“Do a collab with us at the Gala.”

I guess that this is ‘something new’ she wants to add. Rico is right about her. She is organized.

I don’t know what it is about, but I need to trust the process.

I looked at Selena and then at Kate before I said something that will change my life for the better.

“I am ready.”