Exploring The Ruins

Start from the beginning

Frisk: "Are you okay Ben? That was a pretty bad fall."

Ben: "Yeah, I'm fine." He rolls his shoulder and cracks his back with a groan. "I've felt worse."

Frisk: "If you say so." Her face is still full of worry, but she doesn't press Ben.

Ben: "Now let's get out of here." He and Frisk walk over to a doorway, and they climb up it.

Apparently there was a secret ladder there, so it wasn't hard to get back to the top. They both reach the top and continue their walk into the next area. There, Frisk gets another call from Toriel.

Toriel: "Hello? This is Toriel. For no reason in particular, which do you two prefer? Cinnamon, or Butterscotch?"

Ben & Frisk: "Cinnamon/Butterscotch." They both say simultaneously.

Toriel: {Oh my. It appears you two have different likes. Well, thank you very much you two!" She hangs up.

Frisk: "What was that about?" She puts the phone away.

Ben: "She probably decided to make a pie for the two of us."

Frisk: "That makes sense. I hope it tastes good."

They both move forward. They see a puzzle before them, with a tall wall of spikes blocking the way. They move over to a sign on the wall before solving said puzzle.

* Three out of four rocks recommend you push them.

Ben: "Are the rocks sentient or something?"

Frisk: "Maybe. Frogs can talk down here, so maybe there are some rock monsters."

Ben: "Yeah, maybe." He goes over to the puzzle and pushes the rock onto the pressure plate. This gets rid of the row of tall spikes blocking the way. "There we go. Let's keep moving."

Frisk: "Right!" She smiles before grabbing Ben's hand again. They both walk past the retracted spikes into the next room.

As soon as they enter the room, they encounter another monster. This one is a Moldsmal.

* Moldsmal blocked your way!

Ben picks ACT and then Check.

* Moldsmal - ATK 6  DEF 0
* Stereotypical: Curvaceously attractive, but no brains...

Ben snorts in amusement, and Frisk giggles. Soon after, the Moldsmal begins to attack.

Moldsmal: "Squorch..." It sends rhombus shapes projectiles that move in a zig-zag formation. Both Ben and Frisk dodge them easily, but one nicks Frisk's sweater, leaving a small hole in it. The attack ends.

* Moldsmal waits pensively.

Ben: "We can just spare it now. It's name is yellow, so it can be spared."

Frisk: "But I want to see what the other options do." She pouts a bit.

Ben: "Frisk, we don't have time for this."