Prologue Part 1: Jade Hoshino

This story is a work of fiction. Or rather, this world, for the most part, is a work of fiction. We fabricate it, exaggerate it, and neatly hide the parts that are inconvenient to us.

For example, being a fan means wanting your idol to be a good liar.

In the entertainment world, lying is your weapon. After all, you'll need a weapon to defend yourself. And what exactly are you defending yourself from? Those very same fans. After all, no one wants to end up in a scandal. Be it being found hanging out with a random guy, or working at a nightclub. Or maybe...

Getting pregnant with and giving birth to triplets?

That was the exact case for a certain Ai Hoshino, 16-year-old star idol. Fans were left puzzled after she went on a sudden hiatus 9 months prior. The reason? She got knocked up. Not that her company would reveal that, though. Still, she managed to give birth to healthy triplets despite her young age and slim build. She wondered where her assigned doctor went, but no matter. At least she had three healthy babies.

The triplets in question were two males and one female.

The first-born was named Aquamarine Hoshino. A very unique name to say the least. He seemed to have blonde hair like his siblings, probably because he shared his unnamed father's genetics. His eyes were blue, which was extremely unusual since his mother had purple eyes. Maybe due to his father's genetics as well? No, that can't be the case. After all, his siblings had different eye colors. Perhaps this was just a design choice by Aka Akasaka and Mengo Yokoyari. But what Aqua did take from his mother was that glimmer in her eyes. It was only noticeable in his right eye.

The second-born was named Jade Hoshino. What's up with these weird names associated with gemstones? These kids have a high chance of getting picked on for having girly names. In any case, he looked exactly like his older brother, albeit, having green eyes. He inherited both glimmers in his mother's eyes. 

The last-born was the girl, being given the name Ruby Hoshino. What kind of favoritism is this? A normal-sounding name while her brothers received weird names? Atrocious! Anyway, before her appearance changes when she inevitably grows up, she currently shares the same looks with her brothers. Unlike them, though, she has red eyes. She inherited the glimmer, albeit, only having it shine in her left eye.

Ai was very happy that she was a mother, even though her busy schedule as an idol would separate her from her kids often. Nevertheless, these kids were everything to her. Being a top-tier liar, she didn't know if she genuinely loved them. She hoped that being their mother would enable her to gain genuine feelings of motherly love for her own children.

Unfortunately for her, she might just realize that a bit too late... After all, she's not the heroine of our story.

Aqua's P.O.V.

I am not a normal baby.

That is what I realized immediately after I was pushed out of the womb. I mean, after all, what kind of baby is able to monologue like this? Anyhow, my name is Aquamarine Hoshino. A very unusual name, but it was given to me by my beloved mother, so I stick with it. And who's my mother, you ask? Why she's the legendary idol Ai, of course! As soon as I knew that I was her son, I felt like I was in heaven. To be born as the child of your favorite idol is a dream come true for hardcore fans. And that's exactly what I was in my past life.

You see, I used to be a doctor by the name of Gorou Amemiya. In fact, I was the doctor in charge of delivering Ai's babies. However, an incident resulted in me being pushed off a cliff by a crazy stalker who somehow knew that she was at the hospital I worked at. I died soon after. But as soon as I awoke, I was a bouncing baby boy being cradled in Ai's arms. My past life was tragic, so I'm glad this new one is heavenly so far.