39 ¦ Sneaking Around

Fridays were the best days because they were followed by the weekend and that meant for me this time; no hayseed and no annoying rumors about me or anyone else.

With the help of Sunoo and Riki, I had managed to implement my plan to some extent and had thus been able to put an end to the rumors that I had kissed Jay. I hadn't expected it to be so easy, but after I had let Heeseung in on the fact that we were telling everyone that someone had a crush and that Heeseung was actually the one I had kissed, the whispering around me had almost died down. 

The whole thing was a pretty poor excuse, because the difference between Heeseung and Jay was serious not only in hair color and size, but I strongly suspected that Heeseung could be very 'convincing' when he wanted to be.

Luckily our parents hadn't heard about the whole thing at all, because if they had, I wasn't sure they would have bought the story anymore. Especially since I started a serious mistake on Friday night. 

Hana had come over to my mom's house to watch some talk show with her. Heeseung and Taemin hadn't come along, but Lewis and I had joined them on the sofa (even though I wasn't the least bit interested in the show). 

My mom was just suggesting that we all have dinner together again, since it had been two weeks since the last time, when Hana suddenly suggested that we have dinner the very next day, - Saturday night, that is. 

"I can't do Saturday." I blurted out immediately, without thinking and immediately felt all eyes on me. "Why not?" my mother asked sternly, with a furrowed brow. "I have a date." Before I could think about it, the words burst out of my mouth. 

Hana looked surprised "Oh, you and Heeseung are going out?" she asked me and I nodded. "He didn't say anything about that." I smiled forcedly and raised my hands. "You know how he is.", I laughed uncertainly, "He never tells anyone and all the time he's just doing his own thing." 

Hana nodded thoughtfully "That's true" then she looked at me with a warm smile "But since you two have been together he has changed. He's home a lot more often and on very rare occasions, he offers to help me set the table." 

I just raised my shoulders and tried for a well-behaved expression. My mom butted back into the conversation, who as everyone involved knew, didn't think much of our 'relationship'. "But dear, you might as well eat here with us and you'll still have your date." 

I shook my head. "But mom... It's weird when our parents are on a date, isn't it?" I protested. I hoped I wasn't blowing my cover and took it upon myself to write Heeseung a note as soon as I could to warn him. 

To my credit, Lewis put a hand on my mother's arm. "Honey, those two are right. Let them go on a date and let us adults eat without them for once. I'm sure there will be plenty of occasions when we can all eat together." 

He gave me a sideways glance and winked, Hana also nodded in agreement. "I feel the same way." Then she took a quick glance at her watch. "Alright, I'd better get back over there or Taemin will be all alone." She looked at my mom "Let's clarify the whole process again tomorrow?" My mom nodded and Hana left the house.

Right after my mom disappeared into the kitchen to put the chip bowl in the dishwasher, I pulled out my cell phone and sent Heeseung a message.