Chapter 22

Hello, hello :) After all the fun, I thought it was time to get a little more serious and move the story along a bit. I'm not sure if there will be another chapter before the wedding or not. It's all very exciting and I hope I can do it justice.

I love all your comments and votes, keep them coming. xx

Chapter 22

Abby sat in her new studio above Gabes' garage. He had been true to his word and arranged for the conversion to be carried out quickly. She looked around at the mannequins that held her half- finished designs and smiled. Who knew she would finally be doing what she had always dreamed of? Her gaze fell on the one mannequin that was covered with a sheet, her wedding dress. She was so pleased with the bespoke material she had ordered, the design paying homage to Gabes' profession. The man she would be marrying in less than two weeks.

 She let out an audible sigh when she thought of the man who had changed her life. Not only changed it but given her a life that she had thought was soon to be over. Was it just luck or fate that had brought them together? She had no idea, but she knew she had to cherish every minute of the life he had given her. She looked down at her slightly swollen belly and smiled. Now he had given her another gift, something that had been beyond her wildest dreams.

She couldn't help the little shudder of fear that came over her as she thought of what the future held for them all. No matter what happened, the one thing she was sure of was that she would bear his child. If it meant losing her own life in the end, well that was the price she was willing to pay. No one could say for sure that the leukemia wouldn't come back. She always had the feeling that it lurked in the background waiting to bring her world crashing down. She had lived with it for so long that it felt like some dark being, waiting to feed on her body.

A lone tear slipped from her eye as she thought of what the effect would be on Gabe if she lost the fight. The one thing she clung to was the fact that he would have their child to comfort him if the worst happened.

Something she had decided on was that their child would know everything there was to know about her and Gabe. So she wiped a hand across her face, turned to her laptop and switched on the camera.

She would keep a video diary for their child, to let him or her know that they were loved and that no matter what happened they would have a part of her to cherish forever.

Taking a deep breath, she smiled into the camera.

"Hey little one, I don't know what to call you yet as we don't know whether you're a girl or a boy. I'm your mum Abby and I want to tell you all about me and your father........."

Mary was cooking up a storm as usual when Abby walked into the kitchen. She had insisted on making their wedding cake and the design was top secret. She stood watching the older woman as she moved fluidly around her domain. Gabe had been lucky to find someone like her, she really cared for him and Abby knew that Mary would be his rock if anything happened.

Mary looked up and noticed Abby standing in the doorway. She frowned as she noticed the sadness in the young woman's eyes.

"Is everything ok Abby?"

Abby smiled and walked into the kitchen.

"Of course it is Mary, why do you ask?"