Chapter 18

Hi guys, you won't believe the battle I have had with my laptop today to get this posted. At least it's finally up and I apologise for any typos but I just wanted to get it up there. xx

Chapter 18

The next day Abby persuaded Gabe to go shopping, they took a taxi to Oxford Street and Gabe got pulled along to all the shops that Abby had missed since moving away from London. He wore an old leather jacket and jeans along with a baseball cap and sunglasses, in an effort to go unnoticed. Although reluctant at first, Gabe soon got caught up in Abbys' enthusiasm as she tugged him into every shop that took her fancy. She made him laugh by trying on weird outfits, prancing around in tutu skirts and big floppy hats. She wobbled around in ridiculously high heels, almost falling in one shop as she tried to pose for him. Every now and then she found something that she liked and Gabe handed over his credit card before she could protest.

A few of the shop assistants looked a little too long at Gabe, trying to work out if they had seen him before. When Abby noticed the questioning looks, she quickly pulled Gabe out of the shop.

Gabe was surprised by the amount of energy Abby seemed to have as they walked down Oxford Street and into Regent Street. Shopping in London was not for the faint hearted as you could walk miles without realising it. He did manage to get her to stop for a breather at a juice shop, they sat on stools watching the crowds of shoppers walk by as they sipped their drinks.

"Are you sure you're not getting tired?" He asked, as he scanned her face for any sign of fatigue.

"Nope, I'm feeling great and seeing as Dr Powell said my blood tests are fine I'm going to make the most of every minute." She flashed a devilish grin at him as she took another sip of her drink.

Gabe looked at the numerous bags at his feet and frowned.

"Are you sure you haven't got everything yet?" He asked hopefully.

"I have no idea, I'm just getting warmed up." Abby replied, making Gabe choke on his juice.

"Relax, I'm kidding." She nudged his shoulder playfully as she spoke.

Gabe was about to reply, when his phone started playing a very familiar guitar riff. Grabbing it out of his pocket he swiped his finger across the screen, glancing around to make sure it hadn't drawn any unwanted attention. Satisfied that the other customers were oblivious to his presence he spoke into the phone.

"What's up mate?"

"Jaysus you've got to help me." Pod whispered down the phone.