Chapter 25: The Hangman's Argument Aftermath

I was in the bathroom of the hotel Matt, and I were staying in. Puking. Yep. Puking.

The visions had gotten to the point where I got sick and started puking in the bathroom. 

Fucking lovely. 

"Andrew?" A voice called out from the other side of the door. "You alright in there?" 

I'm in a fucking hotel bathroom, puking my head off. How am I fine? 

"Y-yeah, I-im f-" I was about to finish my sentence, but I felt myself puke again like I had a bad hangover after a huge night out. 

I stopped puking after a few minutes, freshened up as I flushed the toilet and left the bathroom looking disoriented. "Ugh, I swear these visions are gonna kill me..." I mumbled as Matt looked worried. 

"Dude, you look like shit. Are you sure you can handle this?" Matt questioned, looking a little worried. 

"I-ill be fine.." I said, trying to maintain my composure as we changed our clothes; Matt wore a dark academia-type look: a white buttoned-up shirt, dark brown trousers, black oxford shoes, a light brown sweater vest, and a black jacket.

I wore a similar look: a white buttoned-up shirt, light brown trousers, brown Oxford shoes, a dark brown sweater vest and a light brown jacket. 

We grabbed our gear and left to go interrogate Harold and Mirium Hopkins, who were fighting again, which wasn't surprising considering the vision I just had. 

Harold saw us, and the fighting immediately stopped the second we walked into the room. 

"Ah, detectives didn't see you there; we were just having a little 'disagreement' nothing to worry about," Harold said nervously. 

Right a 'disagreement.' that's what really happened. Fucking idiots. 

"Right, a 'disagreement', but we want to ask, did you two have a fight when your daughter was being stalked," I asked, rubbing my eyes. 

"Wait, how did you know about that?" Mirium asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Old witness statements, that's all," Matt said. "So, did you fight or not?" 

"Yes, we did...and we fought at the church before pastor Higgins got murdered," Harold said, rubbing his neck. 

Of course, why wasn't that so fucking surprising.  

"Of course, but what was the fight about?" Matt asked, writing everything down in his notepad.

"It was about the stalker and the fact that he said Sally was living her 'pick me girl/Y/N/main character moment' It was a very tense argument", Harold explained with a sigh. 

So she was living a fucking Y/N story that explained why she was such a pick-me girl, which explained the need for attention she so desperately claimed for. 

"So she thought she was having a 'main character' moment from the stalker?" I asked, raising an eyebrow as Matt and I wrote everything down. 

"Pretty much, but she was our little girl, and she didn't deserve to get murdered," Mirium said, calming herself down from the fight earlier.  

Matt asked, "did sally keep any records of the stalker, a diary, or a blog or something?" he then put his notepad back in his coat pocket as I did the same. 

"Yes, she did; she kept an online diary on her laptop; it has everything there; I'll go get it," Harold said as he left the room to get her laptop. 

He returned a few minutes later and handed me her computer bag, which had her laptop in it, the bag was decorated with stickers and other cringe memorabilia, but we didn't say anything about it.

We thanked the couple, left the house, and went back to the sheriff's office, where we saw Monty working on some reports; as he looked up, he saw us enter the room. 

"Did you find anything from the fight?" He asked, raising an eyebrow

"Yep, they gave us Sally's laptop, and it seemed she kept a pretty consistent diary of her life, which maybe might give us clues to the stalker and hopefully get us some answers", Matt explained as I nodded. 

"Hopefully, because this whole case is being entangled like a spider's web", I muttered, rubbing my baggy eyes from lack of sleep due to the visions. 

Mirium had given us Sally's password to her laptop as we took it out of the bag and turned it on. 

We found her diary entries, and they looked like something from a Y/N Fanfiction, so we knew this was going to be fucking cringe.

But if this would help the investigation, we just had to deal with it.

I clicked on the file with her entries, and we descended down the fucked up rabbit hole of Sally Hopkin's Y/N Diary entries. 

 I felt a wave of cringe wash over me and matt, but we had to deal with it when we looked at the first entry or chapter of Sally's cringe diary entry. 

'I am the writing on the wall, the whisper in the classroom. Without these things, I am nothing. So now, I must shed innocent blood. Come With Me.' - Candyman (1992)