Chapter 16: The Hangman's Descent into Madness

"Tonight on the news, well respected DC lawyer William Lockwood has been found dead in the parking lot of The Courthouse in Underwood; it seems like the hangman has struck again; he will be sorely missed by us all. The Police will provide updates on the case soon as it is still ongoing." 

"Wow, the lawyer got killed; how fucking convenient, but I am glad it wasn't us on the news," Michael said plainly as he was chilling in an area with his boyfriend and his crew as they were in a bar, in disguise and saw the news on the TV since there were loads of people going in and out of the building.  

"Yeah, talk about a big story; at least they didn't find out about the other stuff we supposedly did," Kyle said, sipping his beer. 

"So true," Roland said as the news kept playing in the background. 

"Williams's best friend Anthony Ravencroft had spoken to the police; let's see what he said." 

The news showed Anthony crying as he sniffled, "W-William was my best friend; he was like my brother...please find out who killed him!"

The news kept playing in the background; "I wonder if there's gonna be a whole criminal minds deal or something from any other crime show", Artemis said, sipping a beer as Kyle scoffed. "I bet it is, and then I bet the fucking BAU's gonna question us since we're criminals." 

"So true, and it's gonna be such a fucking process, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened," Michael said as Ricky chuckled. "Your right, babe, it would be such a process," he said as they all drank beer and chatted as they laid low for a while; then they left and paid for their drinks; they went to an old house they had bought with the drug money they had earned, The boys chilled and were a little drunk but not heavily drunk. 

They were all chilling in the living room and watching Criminal Minds as they laughed. "Oh, how pathetic; I mean, I commend the unsubs; they are interesting, to say the least", Wade said as Ricky smirked. "Same; I mean, we were better than all the other crappy unsubs on this show," he said as they watched the show and chatted.

Hours passed, and they then go to bed, the crew sleeping in their beds as Michael and Ricky slept in the same bed together; Michael had his head on his boyfriend's chest listening to his heartbeat; Ricky stared at the ceiling with a sigh as he knew they would all be caught again eventually. Still, a smirk appeared on his face as he fell back asleep. 

They all woke up the next day, groaning as they got ready for the day and had cover day jobs which was basically helping at the church as some 'Prisoner Reformation Program' which was in place by the DOJ, which worked out pretty well. 

"Ugh, I can't stand being in a church" Ricky muttered, rubbing his head, trying to wear away his headache. 

"I know I hate it too but we have to deal with it" Wade said cleaning holy relics as they chatted while doing their jobs as their drug ring job was in the whole operation. The parish secretary Agnes, came in and smiled. "Well done boys, the place looks great," she said in a irish accent as Kyle pulled a fake smile. "I'm glad, ma'am," he said as she smiled, she had the resemblance of Mrs Mcarthy from Father Brown, but her hair was a light brown, and her eyes were a dark hazelnut brown, but she was wearing the same outfits the character would wear in the show. 

Agnes left humming a song while the boys gagged. "Ugh, that was annoying," Roland said, scoffing while cleaning the confessional stands as they chatted and had kept their profile low for a while, which worked out for them.

"she literally looks like Mrs Mcarthy from Father Brown, except for the hair and eyes," Kyle said as they all laughed and kept cleaning and finished up in the church before leaving for a break, they chilled outside in the cemetery and ate some food they got from the break room they had in the church. 

Their plans were in motion to keep this drug business going, but they were determined to keep it going, but they also didn't want the FBI sniffing around their whole deal. 

They had to keep it secret, and now they had to figure out how long they could keep it before popping like a balloon and spilling everything to the FBI like a flowing tap. 

"Sometimes human places create inhuman monsters. monsters are real. Ghosts are too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - Stephen King's The Shining.