Chapter 15: The Hangman's Deadly Poison

I felt the wind drift out of my sails as Matt looked worried. "Andrew! Oh my god, you passed out again," he said worriedly. 

"I-i saw W-William a-and, another lawyer...t-they were talking about r-Ricky a-and then..." 

Matt just hugged me. "Look, it's okay, but we need to figure all this out; I am now really worried about you," he said, letting go of me. 

What came next didn't sound like me; it was like Ricky had taken over. "I am fine; you don't need to worry about me; I'm not a kid anymore with my mother saying, 'oh, he's possessed because he's listening to fucking black sabbath and Metallica. It's inappropriate; god doesn't want you to listen to this.'  god, she's so fucking insufferable," I said, rolling my eyes and scoffing. 

"Uh, Andrew? What was that" Matt said as I snapped out of it, "W-what the hell.." I muttered as Matt looked worried and just explained what happened. 

"W-what, that is strange," I said as Matt nodded. "Yeah, it is" he pushed his hair back and he sighed deeply. 

Monty came in. "Boys, we got another murder", he said as we sighed and went to the crime scene. It was Jenny's house, the old lady who spiked my tea with a drug to make me feel weird. 

"Holy crap, what the hell happened here?" I said as Monty explained, "Well, a neighbour was going to Jenny's house for tea, but her door was open, and they saw her hung from the ceiling frothing at the mouth like she had fucking rabies or something." 

"Jesus Christ, who would kill her?" Matt said, raising an eyebrow as I shrugged. "I don't know, but did forensics find what poison was used to kill her?" I asked as Monty explained, "Yeah, it was oleander, a very poisonous flower, but I'm not sure who had access to it, but it might have come from her garden since she does have poisonous plants and lots more." 

Matt and I interrogated the neighbours, the Smiths, who didn't know why anyone would kill an old lady in such a brutal fashion. 

We then left and sighed while forensics processed the scene. "Great, this is getting worse; we need to do something", Matt said, putting his hands in his pockets as he mumbled, "I hope we can figure this out." 

"Yeah, me too; this is going insane," I said, "and I have no idea how to control my visions.." I mumbled as Matt nodded with a worried look in his eyes. 

Monty came over and said. "Well, we searched the scene, and there was no Oleander at the scene at all" he rubbed his eyes. "Why would the hangman resort to poison? It's never been used in any of his murders, so why now?"

"Maybe he's getting antsy, knowing we're onto him, or he just wanted to try something new." 

"That is a good point, and we know he's not showing any remorse in his kills." 

"I guess, but how are we supposed even to figure this out."  

"Thats the main question."  

"This is getting ridiculous." 

"I Know right now what" 

"We need to find this killer, save the town and just get the fuck out." 

We sighed as everyone was now high on edge with tension since they knew they would be next as we went back to the sheriff's department.

Matt looked into William Lockwood while trying to determine if he had any enemies, but there were none; he was such a good and kind person and had no flaws but we decided not to leave any stone unturned. 

This was going to be the most insane case we ever worked on, but hey, we've worked worse than this...right?

"So it seemed William was a good person, nothing bad on him," Matt said, sighing as I groaned "there's got to be something that would make him gain an enemy."

We kept looking while drinking stale coffee, which was gross, but it kept us awake; we kept looking into everything, but it came up blank, but we didn't give up at all; we just needed to get into the whole fiasco and make sure this whole town doesn't suffer at the hands of the hangman's chaotic game.

"I like killing people because it is so much fun it is more fun than killing the wild game in the forest because man is the most dangerous animal of all to kill something gives me the most thrilling experience." - The Zodiac Killer.