Muzan

Akaza felt his himself be pushed to the side as he saw Douma's ice shard going straight at Rengoku. The world seemed to slow down until everything stopped moving. He broke down into a single scream, tears filling his eyes as he believed Rengoku would die.

-"Muzan!" He screamed at the top of his lungs.

Everyone froze. They were expecting the demon to fall down in horrible torture but nothing happened. Douma and his ice shard were stuck there as the sound of a Biwa was heard. An angry Muzan appeared in front of Akaza, yet, he wasn't angry at him. He looked at Akaza, on the floor, weakened and sobbing. He then turned and saw the ice shard right about to hit Rengoku who was just blinking out of confusion. Everyone's eyes was on the demon king. He touched the ice shard and it disappeared. He then went to Akaza. He crouched in front of the sobbing demon and gently pat his head, surprising everyone once more. Akaza looked up at Muzan. He looked like a mess. He looked tired, his wounds weren't totally healed and he was crying his eyes out. Muzan himself didn't look as usual. His shirt was messy and his hair was undone, as if he'd ran here. Muzan gave Akaza a gentle hug before letting go. He got back up and gently grabbed Rengoku's arms. He pulled him away and brought him to Akaza.

-"Stay with him, slayer." He said before turning back around, now facing Douma. "Douma... what you did is unacceptable."
-"What?! But i didn't do anything wrong master! You said you'd never say anything about our relationship with eachother!" Desperately screamed Douma.
-"If it didn't interfere with the other's mission. Sadly it did. Akaza couldn't look for the Blue Spider Lily because of you. You have become a bother for me Douma."
-"No! Master! I swear I'll-"
-"Shut up! You hurt and tortured Akaza. This cannot be forgiven!"

Douma wanted to answer something but his voice didn't come out. Muzan moved his gaze to the slayers.

-"Who wants to end him?" He asked on a calmer tone.

The slayers hesitated for a bit. Shinobu and Sanemi glanced at eachother and both walked over slowly, keeping their eyes on the demon king.

-"Fear not. I am only here to help Akaza." He said to calm them down. "Who might you two be?"
-"My name is Shinobu Kocho. Douma killed my older sister."
-Sanemi Shinazugawa. The said sister was my girlfriend."

Muzan nodded lightly.

-"He won't move so do as you please." He said as he moved away, going back to the demon and the slayer.

Rengoku was holding close and gently the demon, gently passing his hand in his short hair. Akaza had calmed down and wasn't sobbing anymore. Muzan looked at them and crouched beside them.

-"I've taken care of him. Well, the slayers will." He said softly.

Akaza looked up at him and smiled lightly.

-"Thank you." Said Rengoku, obviously surprising both demons.
-"No problem." He answered after a few seconds of silence wondering if the boy was serious or not.

Akaza bowed his head lightly. Then all the hashiras got around them all, surrounding them. Yet, no one was moving. Even Sanemi and Obanai were hesitating. Without Muzan's help, Rengoku would have died. Muzan was the first one to move, getting up and casually tidying his clothes. He looked at the hashiras one by one. Then the Biwa was heard again and a taller demon appeared. He was even towering over Muzan. The demon reached for his sword as he saw his master surrounded by hashiras.

-"No Kokushibo." Simply said Muzan on a tone a lot softer then his usual one.
-"But..." Replied Kokushibo as his face showed his confusion.

Then Muzan lifted his hands up.

-"I didn't come here to fight the slayers." Finally said Muzan. "I came here to help Akaza."
-"As you wish..." Kokushibo said, letting go of his sword.

Everyone stayed still in an incredibly tense silence. The slayers were pondering if they should attack while Kokushibo was watching them, ready to protect Muzan. Rengoku was still comforting Akaza, whispering sweet things in his ear. Then, there was some flapping sounds and a crow landed on Kokushibo's shoulder. The demon gently reached to pet the head of the bird and a small smile appeared on his lips. Then another one clumsily landed on Muzan, looking nervous as the demon looked at it quietly.

-"Caw! Master Ubuyashiki's order: bring Muzan to the wisteria house! Caw!"

Everyone was startled, except Muzan who kept a straight face the whole time. The slayers looked at eachother and sheated their swords.

-"I guess that means we don't attack him..." Mumbled Obanai, a bit deceived.