Chapter 16

Valentina's pov

I instantly get out of bed after receiving the message that Heaven is picking me up. I don't even have makeup on, it's already 7:30 pm and it's been a full 30 minutes of me deciding what I should wear.

Right now, I'm doing my makeup and hair. That's the main thing I need to do, since I would look like a zombie if I didn't.

"Donde vas?" (Where are you going) My mom asks randomly, scaring the shit out of me since I thought she was in her room.

"I'm going out with Heaven." I simply say, curling my hair and holding my strand of hair on the curler.

"Oh okay. Be careful." My mom says, standing by the doorframe for a few seconds, then quickly emerging herself out.

She didn't even tell me what time I should be home. That's weird.

After I finish with my hair, that took me almost an hour to do, I quickly get ready. I decide to wear a plain light pink crop top, and some light wash mom jeans, with my converse.

It's simple, but it'll definitely work, plus it's literally 8 pm at night, and I'm not trying to get kidnapped by a psycho.

My phone dings, signaling that I got a message. I pick up my phone and unplug it from the charging stand, and open my phone to check my messages.

Heaven: hey, I'm on my way. I'm like 10 minutes away from your house.

I shutter from the text, and my stomach instantly feels butterflies. Why? She just said she is on the way. Am I getting sick or something? Why do I feel this way?

I quickly put on my shoes and look at myself in the mirror.

Yup, my body dismorphia is definitely still there. I've always struggled with loving myself, especially my body. I always feel disgusted every time I look in the mirror.

My thoughts are quickly interrupted by a honk outside, which means that Heaven has arrived. I grabbed my perfume from my nightstand, and spray all over my body, then I grab my bag and head downstairs outside the door.

"Have fun, don't come back too late." I hear my mom say before I close the door.

"Hey," Heaven says, opening the passenger door for me, and allowing me to get in.

Wow, such a gentle woman.

Once I get in, Heaven closes the door lightly and gets into the drivers' side of her car.

"Hi," I mumble shyly, fiddling with my fingers nervously.

"Look, I honestly don't know where I'm going, so I'm just going to go wherever I feel like it," Heaven says bluntly, reversing her car slowly to back off my driveway.

"Fine by me," I say, not trying to argue with the location of we're going to. It doesn't matter to me, I just want to... be with her.

Did I really just say that? What the hell brain? Stop thinking these things!

"So how was your day?" Heaven asks, trying to build up a conversation. I look up at her and see the side profile of her face. She's so effortlessly pretty, and that envies me sometimes, but I know she probably feels the same way with me.

"It was good," I say with a pause, then I open my mouth to talk again.

"How about you? How was yours?" I ask in a sympathetic voice. Heaven presses the breaks softly and looks at me up and down, before talking.

What the hell was that for? Is she checking me out?

Of course, she's not brain! Get ahead of yourself.