"Do you need me to uphold my maid of honor duties or does he have it all covered?" I love how when she found out about the engagement, Gabby and I didn't need to talk about her role in the wedding. Outside of my life with Charles, she was the closest thing I have to family. That role was already hers the second she turned from being a friend to a second sister I never knew I needed.

"He did ask me if you would take our official photos."

"Of course, I would. I'll invite some of my friends to take the rest of the photos for the night." We spent the remainder of our free time browsing through the portfolios of her photographer friends, choosing which styles would go best with the wedding.

The Miami Grand Prix was the first race of the season that I was attending. I've been so swamped with work ever since Adeline decided to up my responsibilities, seeing the effort and amount of detail I've put in the previous year. Another reason is that she's taking a short break from work ever since she and Lewis found out they were expecting their first child. I remember a photo of Roscoe with the ultrasound going viral when Lewis posted about it on Instagram.

Since it was surprisingly hot, I chose to wear a white matching set today, my hair put up in a ponytail as I placed some black sunglasses over my eyes. Gabby and I easily entered the paddock, catching a few eyes especially since people are already aware of our relation to the drivers. Gabby is seen as a close friend of Max now as well, with a few rumors about a relationship floating in the air. Max has been asked about it numerous times online, but he manages to steer away from the conversation.

He did push through with his plans of asking out Gabby during the New Year's Eve party at his house. Just as I thought, Gabby was not ready for it when she left early that night, not giving me an explanation when I asked her about it, only saying that it wasn't the right time.

They didn't communicate for a few weeks after that, the two of them using me as a bridge for the duration of it. Max would ask bluntly about how she was doing while Gabby would find a way to make Charles and I talk about Max by asking about the other drivers as well. It was frustrating to see them like that, so I found my own way of making them talk to one another. I was radio silent for a week as the two of them flooded me with messages. It was a few days later when the two eventually talked it out, deciding to continue staying as friends. I found out about it when they literally both sent me a text at the same time.

Gabby: I hate you

Max: I love you and expect a package of Ethiopian coffee beans from me to arrive next week in exchange :)

I knew that after today, photos of me wearing the ring would be all over the internet. I ignored the thought, knowing that it would be inevitable. Charles was one of the best drivers of his generation and the most successful one at the moment. He was the one who brought back the domination of Ferrari to the sport and that would make him such a high-profile person.

Gabby and I headed for the Ferrari motorhome, seeing Isa with Carlos' manager. I gave her a smile and a small wave, and she excused herself before walking in our direction. Before Isa arrived in front of us, her eyes shifted down to my ring and a gasp escaped her lips. "Oh my god!" She ran the rest of the remaining space, immediately grabbing my hand as eyes flickered over to us.

"Shh." I frantically said, noticing that she was about to open her mouth again.

"Sorry." She sheepishly said, giving me an apologetic smile. "But, oh my god?"

"Happening on August eight." Gabby said beside me. "This is the save the date because we are shit at being wedding planners."

"Carlos and I will definitely be there." Isa smiled, pulling my hand so that we could all sit down. Carlos' manager was gone, most likely meeting with the driver before qualifying started. Ferrari was once again leading the championship but this time, Red Bull had come back stronger than Mercedes this year.