8

Ahsoka Tano sat on her bed in the Jedi temple, staring at the floor in front of her. She knew what she had to do, but it didn't make it any easier. She had to walk away from someone she loved: Y/N.

The Clone Wars had come between them. They had both been so busy with the war effort that they hadn't had time for each other. And when they did have time, they argued. They argued about everything, from battle strategies to the future of the Jedi Order.

Ahsoka knew that Y/N deserved someone who could give them the attention and love they deserved. She couldn't be that person. She was a Jedi, and her duty was to the Republic and the Order. She couldn't let her personal feelings get in the way of that.

She took a deep breath and stood up from her bed. She walked down the hallway to Y/N's quarters, her heart pounding in her chest.

When she arrived, Y/N was sitting at a desk, going over battle reports. They looked up when Ahsoka entered.

"Hey," Y/N said with a smile.

"Hey," Ahsoka replied, her voice shaking slightly. "We need to talk."

Y/N's smile faded, and they stood up from the desk.

"What's going on?" they asked.

Ahsoka took another deep breath. "I think we should break up."

Y/N's eyes widened in shock. "What? Why?"

"The Clone Wars have come between us," Ahsoka explained. "We don't have time for each other, and when we do have time, we argue. We're just not good for each other right now."

Y/N looked down at the floor, and Ahsoka could see the hurt in their eyes.

"I'm sorry," Ahsoka said softly. "I never meant to hurt you."

"It's okay," Y/N replied, their voice barely above a whisper. "I understand."

Ahsoka reached out to touch Y/N's arm, but they pulled away.

"I need some time," Y/N said. "To process all of this."

"Of course," Ahsoka said, her heart heavy. "Take all the time you need."

With that, she turned and left the room, her eyes stinging with tears. She had done the right thing, but that didn't make it any easier. She had lost someone she cared about deeply because of the Clone Wars.