12. Telling the truth

"Self respect. When someone treats you like you're just one of the many options, help them narrow their choice by removing yourself from the equation. Sometimes you have to try not to care. No matter how much you do, because sometimes you can mean almost nothing to someone who means so much to you. It's not pride, it's self-respect. Don't expect to see positive changes in your life if you surround yourself with negative people. Don't give part-time people a full-time position in your life, know your value and what you have to offer and never settle for anything less than what you deserve"

 Don't give part-time people a full-time position in your life, know your value and what you have to offer and never settle for anything less than what you deserve"

---

The next morning, you opened your eyes to see The Handler standing by the bed looking at you.

"Goodmorning sweetheart" she said "Jesus" you said as you almost jump up.

"Hello Darling" The Handler said with a smile "What the fuck, do you have any idea how creepy that is?" you asked before you looked around, seeing you were back at the Academy and you noticed that you were wearing a pyjamas.

"Well, you didn't answer when I flash you" The Handler said "Of course I didn't, I was unconscious because of you" you said as you got up.

"Did you have to shoot me?" you asked "Come on darling, I had to make it look real, beside it didn't kill you" she said "It almost did. You almost did kill me" you said "Don't be a dram queen" she said before she stroke her hand down your cheek "I would never get rid of you. You mean too much for me" she said.

You knew that it was a lie, if your aunt really cared about you, she wouldn't have put that chip in you, that make you a puppet if she push on a certain button.

"How is your mission going?" she asked "Fine. Perfectly fine, actually" you answered "You do realize that you aren't doing your mission correctly?" she asked "How's that?" you asked "Well, you're supposed to be stopping Number Five from stopping the end of the world, not helping him" she said "I'm not helping him" you lied "Oh, Sweetheart. You're helping him. Which is completely against what we are standing for" she said "I'm not helping him. Why would I even want to help him? I hate him. I don't care about him" you lie again before you took a deep breath "Listen, I'm acting like I'm helping him and then I strike. Bring him back to The Commission" you said.

"Well, since Hazel and Cha-Cha are seeming to be failing their mission" she said "I thought I told you to take them off their mission with Five. He is my mission. I told you I got this" you said "No matter. Since they are seeming to fail. I need you to kill Number Five" she said "What?" you asked "You heard me, dear" she said.

You shook your head "No. I--I can't do that. I can't kill him. I've only being with him for a few days and the longer I'm around him, the more I--" "Falls in love with him?" she asked, cutting you off "What?" you asked "The longer you're around him, the more you fall in love with him?" she asked before she let out a chuckled "And now you've realized it?" she asked.