One hundred and sixteen

When we reach the club, I find that Morgan has a section of it hired out for just us and three men are already there.

"Reid, this is Austin, Tyler and Adam." the men reach out their hands for me to shake, but I wave awkwardly, causing Morgan to laugh.

"Ok, Rossi and the rest will be here soon." he states, sliding into a seat against the far wall.

I pull my mobile from my pocket to check the time before popping it back in and also taking a seat.

"We've got a lot planned for you tonight." the blonde haired man Morgan introduced as Austin announces.

Something about him is vaguely familiar, the way he laughs and constantly looks at the guys beside him for reassurance.

"So, how did you guys meet?" Adam asks, pointing between Derek and I.

I shift my gaze to the man beside me as he explains, in depth, the length of time the two of us have know each other and how I am his closest friend.

My eyes wander around the club, looking for the other men, men I actually know, that are supposed to be coming.

"Don't I know you?" the blonde man, Austin asks.

I scan his face quickly before realising exactly where I know him from and feeling a quick surge of anger zip through my body.

"We've met." I state sombrely, frowning as I take a mouthful of my drink.

"Ah, I thought so." he says, abruptly ending the conversation as he also realises where and why.

"So did you guys meet in the academy?" I ask, directing my question at Morgan and Adam.

"Yeah." Austin answers for the men, placing his glass on the table in front of him.

Sometime later, Aaron, Rossi and Sean enter the club, making their way in our direction.

I stand instantly, ready to greet one of my closest friends.

"Reid!" Sean calls, smiling brightly and pulling me into a tight hug. "How are you? I haven't seen you for so long!"

"I know, I'm sorry." I say as we draw apart. "There's just been a lot going on, but everything is getting better now."

"Good, I'm glad to hear that!" he smiles again as we make our way for the bar, ignoring the rest of the men at the table I was sat with earlier.

"So, how have you been?" I ask once our drinks have been ordered.

"I'm great." he says, grabbing a straw from beside me. "I uh, I met someone." His eyes light up as the words leave his mouth. "And I hope you'll be around for my stag too 'cause I'm getting married next year." he shoves my shoulder before retrieving his drink from the bar tender.

"Wow, I'm sorry... I mean- that's great, but sorry for not being around." I sigh, resting my arm on the bar. "It's just, things were hard after JJ and we found things tough. I'm just now learning to cope without her again."

"Hey, you're here now. Let's just enjoy ourselves and maybe tomorrow we could have some fun boxing again." he smiles, patting my shoulder and leading the way back to the rest of the guys.

When we reach the table, Derek is crouched as Austin and Adam use a funnel to pour alcohol down his neck. Rossi is laughing while cheering the men on and Aaron is stood awkwardly behind him, also laughing, but quite clearly not enjoying himself as much.

I place my drink on the table before pushing Morgan slightly so that he falls on his knees. He still manages to keep the funnel in his mouth though, receiving a cheer from multiple people around him.

"Alright, alright. Reid, your turn!" he says, standing and handing me the tube with the funnel on top.

"No, no." I hold up my hands, pushing the contraption away from me.

"C'mon, kid." Derek pouts.

"Let me get a few more drinks down me first eh?" I lie, taking a seat by Aaron.

"How's Henry?" he asks, siting down beside me, removing his eyes from the rest of the group.

"He's good."

"He settled in well then?"

"Yeah, well he lived with JJ and I for a little while before- you know... Yeah."

The man nods. "How are Jack and Haley? They busy? this is the first time I've seen you without your phone to your ear since you married her." I joke, shoving his shoulder and taking a drink.

His eyes shift to Derek who is dancing, then back to me. "We uh- we're not together anymore." he sighs. "We broke up a few months ago." his eyes move to the ground as he picks at the loose thread on his jeans. "It's a long story and I don't really want to talk about it." He frowns and stands, leaving toward the toilets.