“Where is your wife?” He asked his friend in his ears, and in turn, Krishna stared at him with an absolute desire to kill him.

“Whoa, chill, man. I was just kidding.” He excused himself and went into the guest room to refresh himself. That is where he stays when he comes here.

“Ahh!” He heard a scream as he locked the door behind him. 

“I am sorry. I thought no one was here.” Mithran surrendered.

“Don't you have the basic manners to knock on the door before opening it?” A girl who doesn't even reach his shoulders looked up at him shouting. He was dumbfounded. 

“Are you Krishna’s wife?” He asked her.

“Wife ah? How dare you ask me such a question? Do I look that old to you?”

“No no! Then who are you?” He asked her. He found her interesting. He then saw her neck and understood that she was not Damayanthi. He knows everyone who works in this house, and she is definitely new. No one has ever talked to him this way.

“I am Akrithi. Dammu’s sister.” She said, “First open the door. How dare you lock the door? Who are you?” She questioned him.

“What would you do if I say I won't open the door?” He asked her, crossing his hands across his chest and leaning on the door.

“I will shout.” She said as she gulped down the ball of fear but still refused to show it to him. He could see through her without any problem, and he found her cute.

“Go ahead!” He said and walked towards her, making her shrink her place by moving behind.

“Amma!” She called, but it was just air escaping her mouth. “Mkum!” She corrected her throat. “Amma!” She screamed, and he grabbed her and closed her mouth in his hand.

“Shhh!” He said while she tried to bite his hand. Her eyes were out of its socket, and he realized that she was truly terrified.

“My name is Mithran, and I am Krishna’s friend. Don't make noise.” He said before releasing her mouth. 

“You are so cute!” He bopped her nose still having her in his arms. 

“Let me go, please.” She wriggled in his arms, and that is when he came to his senses. He moved away from her as if she were fire. 

“Sorry!” He said, but she refused to look up at him. “I am really sorry, Akrithi. I didn't know you would be here.” He said, and she still refused to look up. When he heard her sniffle, he forced her to look at him. “God! Stop crying. I am very sorry. I just wanted to play with you. I have no bad intentions, and I didn’t know you would be scared so easily.”

“I am not scared.” She swatted his hands away, still sniffling.

“Haha, is it?”

“If you won't let me go out now, I will tell Kowsalya athai that you tried to kiss me.” She said. She truly thought that was what he was going to do. 

“Oh really?” He asked her and pulled her in his arms. He pecked her lips ever so lightly while her eyes widened in shock. “You can go and tell her now! Lying is a bad habit, sweetheart.” He told her and opened the door. 

Akrithi walked out of the door, looking back at him. Poor her. She was paralyzed by his kiss. The one thing she was confused about is why the hell she is not angry at him for his behavior.

They all assembled in the dining hall, and Damayanthi and Akrithi helped Thulasi to set the dining table. 

“You also sit, Akrithi. Thulasi will take care of it.” Kowsalya made her sit near her straight opposite Mithu. She dared not to look up at him.