He let out a sigh and raked a hand through his blonde hair. It eased the tense in Isaac's shoulders to hear but he didn't let his face convey any emotion yet. That explained that day, that hour, it didn't explain Ki's behavior for the next nine days. It didn't explain why he let Isaac walk around with an ache in his chest at the prospect of losing his best friend.

"I know it's a shitty excuse but it's what I got. By the time I even came to my senses you had walked off and Jace had said a bunch of awful shit that I shouldn't have let him say. He didn't stop there either, he kept on going with those stuck up remarks all day. I should've punched him the jaw so hard he wasn't capable of saying all that shit. It pissed me off but I wasn't sure why. I mean, for all I knew I should've agreed with him but I couldn't bring myself to. Everything was pissing me off. It's all anyone could talk about and it kept just making me more and more mad. I didn't get why until this week."

Isaac sat and listened. He was intrigued greatly by this now.

"I was confused as fuck and just thought I was mad because you're gay- or well whatever it is you are. That's why everyone was saying I was mad and I didn't have a better reason so that's what I believed. But that's not it at all. I was mad because it's you, Isaac."

The use of his name was strange. No one ever called him that except for Jess and occasionally his dad. It put him on edge.

"You're my best fucking friend man." Ki's voice was different now, more raw. "My best friend in the whole fucking world and I was just sitting there and letting everyone say all that stuff about you. Well- not everyone but Jace and Dean, and 'em. That's so fucked up. I was pissed at myself and at them. The whole time I've been snappy because I've been so fucking mad at myself over not doing anything. I've just been sitting there letting them be assholes."

His facade was slowly breaking. Ki has been his best friend since childhood. When Isaac had thought he would lose him it had been hard. Now, he was getting that apology he wanted. He was getting the opportunity to maybe get his best friend back.

"I'm a shitty friend and I don't deserve your forgiveness. I know you'll give it to me anyway because you're such a fucking forgiving guy that it's bad for you but I'm telling you now I know I don't deserve it. I let everyone drag your name through the mud just because I couldn't get my head out of my ass." He shook his head. "It shouldn't have taken me so long to realize. You're the dude who helps my mom cook dinner. You're the one who is my backup when I inevitably have to kick some guy's ass for hurting my little sister. Our little sister. You're family, man, and I'm a horrible fucking person for not realizing all this sooner."

Isaac couldn't stop the stone cold face from falling. It had been slipping for awhile. He stood up off the door and reached out to hug Ki. The blond boy reciprocated the hug immediately and they stood there hugging for a few moments. When they pulled back Isaac punched him in the face.

"Ow! Fuck." Ki's hand flew up to his now bloody nose. He ended up laughing though. "I deserved that. Does this mean we're cool?"

"Of course it does you idiot." Zack rolled his eyes but was smiling. Ki's smile became one of relief and his eyes shined. The two smiled at each other like they used to when they were kids after getting into a fight because one lost a game of one-on-one of football.

"Does that mean I can come in and properly meet the boy boning my best friend now? I need to apologize to him too."

Isaac smiled softly at the thought of Jess. Jess and his best friend potentially getting along. "I'll have to ask him first. You can come in and get something for your nose though."

The blood rushing down his face was being ignored. Ki smiled, red seeping into his mouth from his top lip. "Okay."

Isaac opened the door and they both stepped in. Jess and Dave's eyes widened at the sight of blood.