Chapter 9: Doubts

(Naoto and Sasha's POV)

(Sasha, 15, Sasha is KionloveRani)(Naoto, 16, Naoto is Sun-Blade-Seth)

(Naoto, 16, Naoto is Sun-Blade-Seth)

Sasha ran through the trees, hoping the remaining lions didn't get there first to get the good resources.

Sasha burst through the trees, and saw the entrance. Only one other lion was there so far, and that was Cain.

Sasha ran down the slope and to the entrance. She saw 10 black lions that looked exactly the same, all sitting like statues, their oranges gazes staring at nothing.

Sasha rummaged through the herbs, food, and leaves of water. She needed a root. Chervil Root to be exact.

Cain was next to her. He grabbed the leaf bundle with water, and a rabbit. He ran away.

Sasha couldn't find the Chervil. It was the only thing that would heal Naoto. She couldn't let her mate die, no matter how much he told her to let him.

More lions started emerging from the trees. Belle, Kennidee, Finley, Kovu, Simba, Damo, Ruby, Ambrose, Slayer, Saka, Mamba, Stomega, Morgan, Fila, and Seth.

There were still so many lions left. King Covy would make another hourly fear to get some action, but usually with the resource collecting, there was peace.

Sasha took her focus off of everyone else, and looked through the pile again, "C'mon. Chervil please be here." She pleaded to herself.

"Yes!" Kennidee shouted. "I found Chervil!" Sasha looked up. Kennidee had the Chervil Root in her jaws.

Sasha walked up to her. Kennidee was a friend, so maybe she would give her the Chervil Root.

"Kennidee?" Sasha asked. Kennidee looked at her, "Yeah Sasha?" "I noticed you found Chervil Root. Can I please have it? My mate is going to die without it and-" Kennidee interrupted her, "Of course you can have it, Sasha. I didn't need it anyway." Kennidee set the Chervil Root down, and Sasha quickly picked it up with her jaws, "Thank you so much. I owe you."

"Just don't kill me or Finley and we're even," Kennidee smiled. Sasha nodded and bolted up the slope into the jungle. She had to get Naoto healed before it was too late.

Naoto was still laying down where Sasha had left him. She slowly walked forward, "I have the herb."

Naoto just groaned. The berries must really be hurting him, because he wasn't moving, except for the occasional rise and fall from his chest, giving relief to Sasha, knowing he was still alive.

Sasha chewed the Chervil Root up. Naoto wouldn't be able to eat it by himself. Sasha spit the poultice into his mouth, and gently massaged his throat with her paw, helping him swallow it.

Once Sasha knew the Chervil Root was down his throat, she nuzzled him, "You'll be alright."

Naoto shifted and sat up. He was about to speak, but stopped. He ran to a bush, and Sasha heard him vomit. She sighed in relief. The poultice worked.