Part 2

Ruby walked back outside with a bottle of sunscreen in her hands, but she couldn't see Raven anymore. She looked around the front yard, but the bat was nowhere to be found.

"Raven?" She said. "Where are you? I found your sunscreen!"

"That's okay!" Called Raven. "I made my own!"

Ruby looked over, and saw Raven holding a large piece of glass above her head, trying to give herself shade. She was visibly shaking, and looked like she was about to drop it.

"Raven, what are you doing?"

"I made a sun screen! See?" Replied Raven.

"That's not a sunscreen, sweetie. Where'd you even get that glass?"

"Oh, I stole it from one of the upstairs windows while you were in the basement."

"YOU DID WHAT?" Shouted Ruby.

"I-It's fine!" Eased Raven. "It seems to be working! I don't even feel hot anymore!"

"That's because you're standing under a tree."

Raven looked up. She realized she was in fact standing under a tree. She grunted, and tossed the glass onto the ground.

"This is dumb!" She said. "I'm never gonna avoid the sun!"

"Yes you are." Said Ruby. "Because I have sunscreen."

She squirted some onto her hand, and rubbed it on Raven's shoulder. Raven winced from the cold.

"W-What is this stuff?"

"Trust me, It'll help you." Said Ruby. "Wait and see."

Ruby finished putting sunscreen on Raven, and stood back to look at her. Her fur was now pasty white, and she looked really uncomfortable.

"I feel sticky.." Said Raven.

"Don't worry, the extra will go away on it's on." She said. "Just try rubbing it in a bit more."

"Okay.. I'm gonna go fly now. See you later!"

Raven took a running start, leaped into the air, and spread her wings. The little bat flew away as Ruby walked back to the porch and sat back down in her chair.

"Maybe now I can take a nap.." She thought.

She laid her head down, and closed her eyes. She slept for about half an hour, before she heard Raven land on the porch. Ruby slowly opened her eyes, and then burst into a fit of laughter.

"What's so funny?" Asked Raven.

"Are you kidding?" Laughed Ruby. "Haha! You're covered in hay!"

Raven grunted and stomped her foot angrily.

"I-I crashed into a hay bale.. The stupid white stuff you put on me made me all sticky, and now it's all stuck to me."

Ruby managed to stop herself from laughing, and began picking the hay off Raven.

"Come on, let's go get you cleaned up." She said.

"But what about my sunburn?" Asked Raven.

"I'll figure something out. Now come on. You need a bath."