"He's amazing. He was very skeptical of letting me come here alone. He sent almost all of our skilled warriors with me. I had to beat him up a few times to remind him I'm a skilled warrior myself." Annalise says, the warmth in her eyes differing from the words from her mouth.

The image of Kieran and Annalise fighting flashing on my mind and my grin widens. Kieran is one skilled fighter himself so they were either equally matched or he was quite better than Annalise and he just let her win.

"You two are too adorable." I reply and she glares.

The glare suddenly fades and a weird emotion floods her face and I'm confused. Annalise stares at me before looking away. When she speaks up, I understand the emotions.

"You never talk about Logan at all. It's been a year now and he never comes up in our conversations. I never even stopped to ask myself why. When he was here you were so thin, unhealthy and completely detached. Now, I see small glimpses of you. The former Summer. He wasn't a good person, was he?" Annalise says and tears floods her eyes. I look away. Annalise has always tried to bring up the topic. Over the past year,she has asked how my life with Logan was and I did everything to avoid the questions. At that moment I realize I wouldn't avoid the questions forever.

When Logan died Annalise also realized I had lost the baby. I saw the tears, her pain and yet I never told her how I did. When she asked I didn't reply and she never asked again. Annalise is the only person who seems to kind of understands me and here we are. I knew I had to tell her eventually.

"No, he wasn't." I whisper, the echoes of pain in my blood.

"I did not want to believe what had crossed my mind but I think I do now." I glance her way and see the tears almost dropping down her cheeks. I stop entirely and stare at her wide eyed. Annalise rarely cried. The only time I did see her cry was when her mother died and that was years ago. Before I can comfort her, her arms are around me.

"I'm so sorry. The thought that he was being abusive towards you had crossed my mind. You had been so bright before you met him and I watched everytime you visited us how that light had dimmed considerably. I've been so terrible! I didn't even stop to ask why you didn't look like yourself." Annalise says, and my own eyes burn. I push them back hating the thought of crying for that poor example of a man.

I couldn't blame Annalise. I knew she's been busy with being Luna and everything. She has her own life and her own things to do.

"It's okay. It's not your fault. It's no one's fault except Logan." I say, the thought of speaking out loud about the abuse almost suffocating. He had been my soul's other half and he had put a command on me never to speak about it. Even if I did, no one would have believed it anyway. Logan was perfect and the fact that Annalise realized there must have been something wrong is amazing. Logan's mask was so created intricately to hide the beast that he was. If I ever spoke, I would have looked crazy. That's what you get for having a narcissist for a mate.

Annalise pulls away from me to stare at my face. She wipes her eyes and a guilty look forms on her face.

"Is that how you lost your baby? Logan?" Well I didn't see that coming. I knew then I wanted to share the story with someone.

"Yes," I reply grimly.

"Oh my goodness." She says her eyes growing twice in size.

"I'll tell you everything. I should definitely shower first." I say.

"Me too. I'll head to my room. I'll meet you in your wing." She says and I nod.

"Tell anyone I cried and I'll pluck your teeth out." Anna says as she walks away and a chuckle leaves my mouth.

I would share everything with her except the part where I took Logan's life. I had suffered enough. I didn't want to be killed just as a year after becoming alpha. I still had a lot of things to add and erase in this pack. Logan's death will forever remain my secret.

_____

Hello! Chapter eight here! 1300 words! I think I'll add up to 2000 words in the coming chapters!
I love Annalise and Kieran!

Soon, we'll be meeting our male lead :) I can't wait to create him. I also I have never created a male lead's point of view. What do you think he'll be like? Drama will start unfolding soon! I cannot wait!

See you soon!

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.