And with that, I left Adrien and went to the entrance of the school.
I saw on my way that my parents were walking out of the office with Mr. Damocles to my former classroom.

This will take a while.

Time skip

It took my parents an hour to get my former teacher to give them papers.
Don't even ask why.

I am no longer a student in that hellhole.

It took us approximately 7 hours to arrive at my new school.
I am now entering it carrying with me my three suitcases and a PE bag with my parents, Rico, and Chris.

We went to the secretary while looking around. This place is huge and some students are walking around with their normal clothes.

I know from the information I have gotten and the fact I needed to buy it that we have to wear uniforms. Luckily, there are many types of uniforms that we can wear.

I chose a blazer with a tie and a short-sleeved collar shirt. Classic and cool vibe.

“Hello there, new guy!” I heard someone shouting for me in English.
I turned around to see a girl walking towards me waving.

She has short curly blond hair with a hair band on, blue eyes, and light skin, and she is wearing a blue jumpsuit with a short-sleeved white shirt under and white flats on.

She reminds me of Rose a little.

“Hi, dudette. I am Nino. And can you speak French? I am not so good at English.” I said that in English when she arrived.

“Oh why, of course, sorry about that. I am Chelsea. Deputy head girl. The head girl isn’t here currently but I am here to substitute her. I will be taking you around the school for a tour with the head boy. Any questions before we start?”

“Where is the head boy?”

“Oh yeah, forgot to say, he makes big entrances for the new people.” She pointed at the stairs where a guy was sliding down the banisters.

He has black hair, a wee bit of tanned skin, and brown eyes and he is wearing casual but show-off clothes.

“Wassup, man! My name’s Trevor, the coolest and hottest guy you would ever meet.” At least he talks French to me.

“In your dreams, T.” I snickered at that quote.

“Oh, shut up, Chels. Anyway, Let's start the tour, beginning with taking you to the headmaster. She is expecting you.”

They took me, Chris, and my parents to the office. Rico went off to her dorm once we left off.

“Good afternoon, everyone.” Mrs. Utile is sitting at her desk holding some documents while my parents and I are sitting on the chairs.
My mum is holding Chris on her lap and Chelsea is standing at the back of the room beside Trevor.

Mrs. Utile gave me the documents she was holding.

“Here is everything you need for the school and the dorm. Timetable, keys to your room, dates when you are off, and other stuff like that. Trevor and Chelsea will take you around when you are ready. I will give you time to say goodbye to your family.” With that, she left the office.

It is time to say goodbye.

“Well, Nino. I hope you will be ok there.”

“Mum, Dad. I will be ok. It is not like I am gone forever.” I hugged them.

We said goodbye and they left the office. It will be different without them, but I will be ok.

Now that I have nothing to worry about, well except for the schoolwork and catching up, I can focus on myself and having new friends.

That’s how Mari might have felt when she left.

It feels great.

“You ok, man?” I stopped staring into space and turned back to them.

“Yeah, I am fine. Great actually.”

“So, shall we?” Chelsea took the lead to start the tour. “We will start by showing you classes, and places where you can go, and we finish off by showing you the dorm. Don’t worry about your stuff though. They are taken by your dormmates to your room. They know that you are moving in with them.”

Time skips to the end of the tour.

“So, all of your family members are into journalism or the media and the news industry?” I am currently talking with Chelsea and Trevor about their family's careers.

“Yep. My mum is a famous news reporter, my dad is a photographer and has his blog, and my uncle works at the news agency ‘Daily Planet.’ I have always wanted to be a journalist since… Always!”

I learned a lot about Chelsea. She is a part of the Star Effect team. Speaking of which, I need to meet them.

“My dad works as a school board director.”

I also learned a lot about Trevor as well. I found out that he sings as well, only he does that as a hobby.

This tour ended up great. I got to know which classes are which, meet the teachers, and got to meet more people who are in my class.

We are going right now to my dorm and surprise; Trevor is one of my dormmates and Rico is as well. At least I will spend some more time with my sister.

“Tell me Nino, how did you get into this school? Scholarship or paid”

“Scholarship.”

We kept talking until we reached my dorm. “Here we are. Your new room for many years. Or less you would leave but let’s hope you won’t!”

Trevor opened the door and let me and Chelsea in first.

This dorm looks like an apartment. It has a few rooms, a kitchen, and other stuff that apartments usually have there.
I noticed there are locks on one door.

“This is your room. It has locks so you can keep your stuff safe, or you need some space for yourself.” I opened it to see all of my stuff is already there and there is a basket with sweets and stationary stuff. It has a card as well, so I read it.

 'A warm welcome for our new friend.

Enjoy,

Star Effect.’

I smiled at this.

I rarely got treated kindly since Lila came back. I really need to meet those people...

“Nino! Come and meet your dormmates!” I came out and went to the living room to see everyone there.

“Okay, man. I want you to meet Stuart, Shanique, me obviously, and as well this random existence.” Trevor pointed at the corridor, and I froze when I saw the last person I expected here.

She is leaning on the wall, holding a mug of coffee and smirking at me.

“Surprise, Lost DJ.”