He was still in his thoughts when his phone vibrated. He took it out from his pocket and his lips spread to form a smile.

"How is Aliyan?" Nisha asked as soon as her call got accepted.

"He is doing well," Ruhaan answered back.

"Did he take proper feed?" Another question from her side.

Ruhaan's lips spread as he took a sip of the coffee. Every time he found her being so caring for their children, made his heart got puffs of happiness and surge his love for her to sky heights.

Nisha had prepared a bottle for him before going home. She didn't want to leave him in such a state but some things needed to be done timely.

"Yes. He slept with a full stomach."

"Thank God," she whispered.

"You should sleep now. It's late already," Ruhaan told her.

Nisha exhaled and took a glance at her sleeping daughter. "I am unable to sleep. I am getting worried for Aliyan."

"Don't worry about him. He is perfectly alright." Ruhaan tried to assure her.

She huffed and nodded. "Where is my mother?"

Whatever it was, she couldn't stop herself from asking about her. Her mother was her whole universe. And she loved her dearly.

"She is with Aliyan," Ruhaan said.

Nisha's heart skipped a beat at this information. The affection and care of her child overpowered the love she had for her mother.

"Please go to Aliyan. He isn't very familiar with Ammi. You can handle him well if he cries." From her side, she tried her best not to show her apprehension.

"Okay, I'll go to him. But you should sleep now. You haven't slept for two days," he instructed her and disconnected the call.

Nisha closed her eyes and put her head on the headrest of the bed. Why everything just kept on getting so complicated for her?

                     _________________

Nisha wasn't able to sleep for the whole night. She was getting anxious for Aliyan. She didn't know how her son would be doing. That was the reason she called Ruhaan many times to ask about Aliyan's well-being. She didn't want to leave the hospital but she had to pack her and the children's important things.

Nisha had decided to move into her grandmother's house for a few months till Aliyan would need her for feeding. She finally came to a point where she speculated Aliyan's well-being and Tabinda's mental state would get compromised if they kept on living in the same house. She chose to give Aliyan to Ruhaan. He was very much attached to his Daddy and Ruhaan could take care of him along with their grandmother.

After half an hour, Ruhaan and Tabinda came with Aliyan. Nisha took him in her arms and kissed his cheeks while tears made their way through her eyes finding a big bandage around his head.

Coming back into the room, she dressed Eshal up and picked up the suitcase. Everyone looked at her in confusion. But the way color drained from Tabinda's face showed she somehow knew what her daughter was going to do.

Nisha reached Rutba Begum. "Dadi Jaan, I want to stay with you for a few months." She glanced at Ruhaan who was looking at her without blinking. "I have decided I will give Aliyan to Ruhaan. But I need to delay everything for a while till Aliyan needs me. After that, he will stay with Ruhaan and you. I will just meet him at some place."