XI. Emerald Lovers

Start from the beginning

"I sh-" Anthony goes after her, while Kate looks at him intensely.

Eloise 'accidentally' hits Charlotte's ball into the bushes too, while the Princess was distracted. Feigning innocence as the Princess looks at her.

"Looks like I'm out." Charlotte laughs, making Eloise furrow her eyebrows but accept the Princess defeat. "Giving up that easy?" Eloise challenges but Charlotte just chuckles.

"I know when to pick my battles." Charlotte walks past Edwina and Anthony, going to get some refreshments as she's feels faint.

"Alright Princess?" Lady Danbury asks but the princess does not bother to reply.

"I'm gonna go. Have a good day." Charlotte tells them vaguely, her mind thinking about how she could tell her aunt that she was in love with Eloise.

______________________________

"Charlie? Something you want to speak of?" The queen asks her niece as she watches her pace around the room. Charlotte looks up at her, eyes on the brink of tears, anxiety flooding her.

"I did something and-" Charlottes voice cracks, making her aunt pull her in for a hug. "What is it dear child?"

"I fell in love." Charlotte confesses, her aunt looks at her questionably as to why she is crying for that. "Why is that so terrible?" Queen Charlotte asks.

"Because I fell for Eloise. And I do not know what to do. I do not know what to make of the future." Charlotte confesses, crying more as her aunt strokes her back gently.

"Oh Charlie." The queen sighs. "It does not matter who you love, as long as you love them as they do you. I do not care as long as you are happy. Your uncle made sure that you were given the option to love whoever."

The queen gets up, going into her closet to get out an Emerald ring. Before walking back to her niece who was wiping away her dry tears.

"The day we took in you and your brother. Your uncle gave me this ring. To vow to always love you unconditionally and no matter what. To be there for you and always have your corner even if he wasn't able to." Her aunt tells her, her own voice cracking a bit as she thinks back to the day she held little Charlotte.

"I think you should give it to Eloise. To propose. England needs change. People hated me as I become Queen for my skin, and they shall hate you for being a female heir and loving Eloise. But you must remember, everyone does not like change in the beginning but in due time, they will." The queen gives her the box, the ring snug inside as she studied her nieces face.

"You will be an amazing queen, and if that means Eloise by your side then so be it." Charlotte gives her aunt a tight hug, before she pulls away, grilling the box with dear life.

"Now go, I need to at least have one successful wedding." The queen chuckles as she watches her niece race down the hall.

______________________________

Charlotte hurriedly runs up the steps. Knocking on the Bridgerton door. One of the maids answer. "I need to speak with Eloise, urgently." Charlottes face serious as ever, making the maid rush to ge the Bridgerton girl.

"Charlotte? What?" Eloise rubs her eyes, looking at the desperate princess.

"Hurry, come." Charlotte rushes Eloise to the carriage. "What's so urgent you have to kidnap me in the middle of the night?" Eloise asks her, worried that something might have happened.

"You will see." Charlotte tells her before she gets a close look at Eloise. A giddy smile on her face.

"What do I have something on my face?" Eloise worries, willing her face before Charlotte grabs her hands. "Nothing, I just can't believe your real."

Eloise scoffs at her but she couldn't help the butterflies in her stomach. "You are something else."

______________________________

Charlotte carries Eloise to the Cabin, the girl claiming to be too tired so Charlotte gave her a piggy back ride.

"Now will you tell what's so urgent that you kidnap me to bring time to the cabin?" Eloise asks her.

Charlotte clears her throat before she lights the fire. Turning to Eloise with a loving smile. "Eloise, you are the smartest, prettiest, and the most brilliant person I know. I love the way you think, the way you question and challenge everyone and everything. The way you don't fall victim to society but rather follow your own path. How even in the most toughest situations, you still manage to be you. Your sarcastic remarks, your love for knowledge and books, not the cheesy romantic type but the books that make you fall in love with the plot, the science and logical part. I want to spend every waking moment listening to you rant about society damning women, I want to listen to you, I want you." Charlotte watches Eloise face carefully, before pulling out the ring.

Eloise is in the brink of tears. "Emerald?" She questions as Charlotte slips it onto her fingers.

"You said you prefer emerald." Charlotte remind she remaking Eloise chuckles. "I was trying to get the queens disapproval. But I love it." Eloise tells her.

"So you will marry me?" Charlotte asks making Elodia nod. Charlotte shrieks before calming down. "Sorry, gay moment."

Eloise chuckles at her before pulling her in for a kiss, as passionate as the ones they shared before in the cabin.

"You are something else." Eloise mumbles, her eyes full of adoration. "You are ethereal." Charlotte replies before leading them back to the couch.

The night filled with sweet words and love.

______________________________

I cannot fall asleep and I have school -_-

But enjoy