Chapter 01

Athanasia, just done doing half of her paper work and decided to take a rest or his father will nag at her. Ever since she became the empress, she have been spending her time in her room to do her paper works. Now she finally understand Claude's suffer.

Knock.... Knock.... Knock

"Come in."

Felix, his father's most trusted knight come greetings her.

"Good evening, your majesty. His Majesty is waiting for you at the garden. As always, the reason is he's bored having his evening tea alone."

Athy chuckle when she heard the last sentence.

"With my pleasure." She answered as she get up from her seat.

In the garden.

Claude continue drinking his tea as he listens to Athy's report about her paperwork and how much she progress through the year she became the empress. Claude will answer only when Athy ask him and then continue being silent.

"That's why father, I wonder if we can do something about the cases in South. As days come it becomes dangerous and the cases also  getting higher." Said Athy with a worry tone.

Claude put down the cup in his hand and look straight at her.

"Make your enemy's enemy as your friend."

Athy's eyes widened thus after hearing his father's words, a smile paint on her face.

"As expected of Father! You know everything!!" Cheer Athy, she clasps both her hands together and compliment him. The ideas never crossed in her mind.

Claude only nod but one could see that he is smiling. He continues drinking his tea while Felix, who is standing behind him smile seeing the warm and beautiful sight before him.

"Your!! Your Majesty!!"

However, their peace end there. A Royal knight come running to them with a messy appearance. He is stumbling as he run to Claude and Athy who is their attention at them. Therefore, he was stop by Felix who is unsheathing his sword at him.

"Stay back. Where is your manners to the royal?" Felix, with a glare, threatening him with his sword that is already pointing at the Knight's neck.

"Forgive for my rudeness, Your Majesties! But... But I received a letter with a Royal emblem!!"

Claude look at him with a threatening gaze. "Which Empire is it from?"

"No where! It's... It's Obelia Royal's emblem!!"

This make the Father and daughter shock. They have never send any letter to anyone. If its from Jeanette or  Anastacius, they will send it through magic.  However, they have never know who the sender might be.

"Felix, low your sword and let him hand me the letter." Said Claude.

Felix obey him and let the knight pass him as he sheath his sword back to the sheath. The knight, with a trembling body walk to Claude and hand him the letter with respect.

"You're dismiss." Order Claude and the knight immediately left not wanting to spend any time with the tyrant.

"Who is the sender, father?" Athy ask with a questioned face.

Claude didn't answer but stare at the emblem on the letter. Truth to the Knight's words, the letter's chop in the Obelia's Royal emblem. He frown as he continue staring at the letter.

"They are a fool to dare use Royal emblem without permission." Muttered Claude with the urge to kill the person who sent the letter. He patiently open the letter and read it.