The Empress Dowager was also very unhappy when she saw this. She believed that it was the Wen Family who had poisoned the emperor because the young emperor usually didn’t allow a speck of sand to dirty his eyes. It was suspicious how the young emperor treated the Wen Family so kindly. Therefore, when the royal court ended, the Empress Dowager blocked Wen from leaving!

“Wen, what tricks are you trying to play? How could I don’t understand what’s going on?”

Although Wen looked much thinner than he was before, there was still a glint of shrewdness in his eyes as he said, “What is the Empress Dowager talking about? Did this official do something that displeased you?”

“Bah!” The Empress Dowager saw that there was no one else in the Royal Garden, so she immediately wrapped her arms around one of his arms, “How long has it been since you’ve last visited me? Tell me, who is the woman that has snared your soul and heart?”

Wen Ze looked at her deeply for a moment before he finally pried away her hand.

“Empress Dowager, please have some respect for yourself.”

“Have some self-respect?” A glint of hostility flashed by Zhao Yunqing’s eyes, “Don’t tell me you’re going to throw me away after you finished using me? The young emperor follows your orders blinding while all the other influential families all obey your commands. It seems like it won’t be long before I will fall under your control and follow your orders too!”

“That’s not true.” Wen Ze said sternly.

Zhao Yunqing immediately noticed that his reaction was strange, so she dragged him toward her palace, “I don’t care. I will not let you go today unless you explain everything to me!”

With that said, she forced Wen Ze to leave the royal court.

After the two of them left, Mo Linyuan walked out from the shadows along with Ye Mu.

“I’m surprised that the Empress Dowager has such a wide network of information. Even Prime Minister Wen served as an adviser to her.”

Mo Linyuan said, “If a woman wants to survive in the imperial harem, then she will need to depend on a man. But if she wants to stand above everyone else, then she will need to depend on many men.”

Ye Mu was slightly confused by his explanation, “Are you implying that Zhao Yunqing has more than one man backing her?”

Mo Linyuan looked at her with a mysterious smile on his face.

“What do you think?”

Ye Mu didn’t dare to ask any more questions. She recently noticed that Mo Linyuan was acting very strange. He kept looking at her like she was a tiny lamb waiting to be slaughtered. He may appear gentle, but his smile made her blood run cold; it made her want to run away from him. Ye Mu shrank her neck and realized that her peaceful days were soon going to end.

Mo Linyuan said, “You said before that the Empress Dowager will probably back out of this scheme because of guilt. But I believed that she won’t stop scheming unless we catch her red-handed, otherwise, she wouldn’t be acting so unbridled in broad daylight.”

Ye Mu said, “Even if we catch her, she won’t necessarily admit to the crimes. She is a cruel woman, so if her schemes were exposed to the public, she will probably push all the crime onto one of the men backing her.”