Chapter 4

Akashi POV

"I wish things could be different, but nothing can be changed. Let's celebrate everyone who knows a legend that never dies," Jessie said in a video I was watching of one of her shows. She always performed very well and every show was something new for her. I loved the shows I could go to in America over the summers I went. "Time to take a minute to appreciate the legends in this world that never fail to show their worth, even in the darkest of times," She said after singing a song. This show was dedicated to the people that have made a legend out of their accomplishments, and it had one of my favorite songs by her in it. I hope she had the opportunity to play that song at the game. I can't help but start to have feelings for this girl. I've only met her once before this whole Jabberwock thing started. I admire the determination in her eyes, after standing up against Jabberwock. I find myself needing to protect her and keep her away from the people that hurt her. I have feeling that I can't explain, but I need to know her first before I make anything of these feelings.

Jessie POV

I was in the middle of rehearsing for my show for the end of the Jabberwock game, I had two different shows planned, one for my Team and one for Jabberwock if they were to win. I was in the middle of the stadium that we were going to be playing in tomorrow, going over the songs that I had planned for the Vorpal Sword Team. "Ok, Jessie, you need to be emotional for this show if it were to happen. I need to see you happy for the people of this country because they have gained a huge victory," my show director said to me. I nodded and got ready to perform my first song of the show. 

(Speaking part, singing)

"I wanna thank the work that was put into this game by the Vorpal Sword team, I just want you to know that this game will make you legends that never die,

Legends never die
When the world is calling you
Can you hear them screaming out your name?
Legends never die
They become a part of you
Every time you bleed for reaching greatness
Relentless you survive

They never lose hope when everything's cold
And the fighting's near
It's deep in their bones, they'll run into smoke
When the fire is fierce

Oh, pick yourself up, 'causeLegends never die
When the world is calling you (the world is calling you)
Can you hear them screaming out your name?
Legends never die
They become a part of you (they become a part of you)
Every time you bleed for reaching greatness
Legends never die

They're written down in eternity
But you'll never see the price it costs
The scars collected all of their lives
When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts
And avenge defeat
Before it all starts, they suffer through harm
Just to touch a dream

Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
Legends never die
When the world is calling you (when the world is calling you)
Can you hear them screaming out your name?
Legends never die

They become a part of you (they become a part of you)
Every time you bleed for reaching greatness
Legends never die
When the world is calling out your name
Begging you to fight
Pick yourself up once more
Pick yourself up, 'cause

Legends never die
When the world is calling you (when the world is calling you)
Can you hear them screaming out your name?
Legends never die
They become a part of you (they become a part of you)
Every time you bleed for reaching greatness
Legends never die,"  

I sang and I felt good singing that to the nonexistent crowd. "Good job Jessie, that was the emotion that I wanted you to have during this show," my director said, I smiled. "Yeah, I felt it come out of me, it felt good," I told him and he seemed pleased with that. "Now we go over the rest of them," he said. "The next one is showing that I am done and that I have changed, I have a different power going inside me, I want them to know that the old me is gone," I said and he nodded. "I like it, now do it," he told me and I nodded.

(Speaking, Singing)

"I'm different than when I first arrived in Japan, I have a different power, I wanna make that know. Cause no one can control me any more, cause the old me, she's so gone,

Insecure in her skin
Like a puppet, a girl on a string
Broke away, learned to fly
If you want her back, gotta let her shine

So it looks like the joke's on you
'Cause, the girl that you thought you knew
She's so gone (she's so gone)
That's so over now
She's so gone (she's so gone)
You won't find her around
You can look but you won't see
The girl I used to be
'Cause she, she's so gone
(She's so gone, yeah)

Here I am, this is me
And I'm stronger than you ever thought I'd be
Are you shocked? Are you mad?
That you're missing out on who I really am

Now it looks like the joke's on you
'Cause, the girl that you thought you knew
She's so gone (she's so gone)
That's so over now
She's so gone (she's so gone)
You won't find her around
You can look but you won't see
The girl I used to be

'Cause she
She's so gone away like history
She's so gone
Baby, this is me, yeah
She's so gone (she's so gone)
That's so over now
She's so gone (she's so gone)

You won't find her around
You can look but you won't see
The girl I used to be
'Cause she, she's so gone (she's so gone)
She's so gone (she's so gone)
You can look but you won't see
The girl I used to be
'Cause she, she's so gone

Gone, gone, gone."

I finished the song and I felt someone watching me, I looked over to see Nash standing by one of the entries to the court. "Alright, nice job, we're done now, all of you have a good night," the director said. "Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow," I said walking away after the equipment crew took my show equipment. I walked over to the entrance that Nash was by, and I walk into it. I walk a bit further than the doorway, and I saw Nash standing by the wall. "Why are you here?" I asked him, kinda mad but mostly confused. "I came to see you," he told me. I rolled my eyes, "Why? we're done, I told you to not talk to me again," I said pissed off now. "I know, but-" he was cut off by my phone ringing. "Sorry but you have to leave, and I have to take this, I said and walked away.

Nash POV

As she walked away, I listened intently to maybe hear the name of the person she was talking to. "Sei, hey," she said before she turned the corner. "Who is Sei?" I asked myself. "Is it that redhead kid that came between me and her at the club?" I again asked myself. "I have to win her back, I can't lose her to a stupid Monkey," I said glaring into the darkness of the hallway.