Before Madam Zhong could speak up, the servant standing behind Mo Linyuan said, “He is working at the imperial palace.”

“Send for him to come here.” Mo Linyuan had just spoken when Madam Zhong waved her hands rapidly.

“No! There’s no need to send for him!” If the Wen Family found out about his son’s dirty laundry, then they might break off their marriage agreement.

She glanced at Ye Mu and then glared at Fang Ru angrily.

Madam Zhong weakly replied, “I admit that he is Young Master Zhong’s son. There is no need to conduct a blood test.”

The surrounding people immediately started booing at her. Madam Zhong couldn’t hold her face up anymore. She shrank back and timidly said, “I have confessed everything. Can I take the woman and child away now? This woman is indeed the concubine of the Zhong Family. I even have the book listing all the concubines in the Zhong Family to prove it!”

It didn’t matter if she admitted to this now. She just needed to take the woman and child away, then kill them behind closed doors. Who would care about a mere concubine’s death?

Fang Ru seemed to have foreseen her own destiny, and she kowtowed at Mo Linyuan’s feet. The child also cried out loudly. Madam Zhong glanced at the scene and felt that the woman was only bringing shame to the Zhong Family. In Madam Zhong’s opinion, this woman should’ve died a long time ago!

When Ye Mu saw this, she tugged Mo Linyuan’s sleeve and said, “Your Majesty, don’t you find the Zhong Family to be quite interesting? The child is clearly their children, yet they continuously claim that it was a bastard’s child. It’s so obvious that they’re afraid that the child will make the Wen Family unhappy, so they want to kill this child. I have an idea! Why don’t we give this woman a chance to set up her own household? This way, the child has nothing to do with the Zhong Family and appease both sides.”

“This absolutely cannot be allowed!” Madam Zhong hurriedly retorted, “Did you know that this woman used to be a prostitute? Do you want her to return to her old career by letting her set up an independent female household?”

Fang Ru’s face instantly paled. Madam Zhong was undoubtedly stepping on her pride and livelihood by uncovering her past in front of so many people! If she didn’t have a child, and if the child wasn’t so young, she would’ve committed suicide to prove her innocence!

Ye Mu was furious by Madam Zhong’s comment. So, what if she was a woman? Can’t women hold the other half of the sky along with men? Originally, Ye Mu was being quite courteous with the Zhong Family. But now, the Zhong Family completely infuriated her. She said to Mo Linyuan seriously, “Your Majesty, I still need a female servant to serve me. Can you give me this woman? If she is sent to the Zhong Family, she will undoubtedly die. If she can still live, why should we let her die?”

Ye Mu’s words made everyone stunned. This woman was a concubine of the Zhong Family. If she tried to erase her past by accepting her as a female servant, wasn’t this slapping the Zhong Family’s face to the ground?

Mo Linyuan narrowed his eyes, “Why? You need to give me a good reason to persuade me.”

Ye Mu smiled and knew that Mo Linyuan was on her side. It was easy to find a reason for this.

“Your Majesty, if you think about it, the world is divided and there’s a lot of hostilities between the different spheres of power. War might break out at any moment. We need a new army to protect us. Just now, the Zhong Family’s intentions were obvious, they wanted to kill this child. This way, Young Master Zhong can marry Miss Wen from the Wen Family. However, Miss Wen will not want to marry Young Master Zhong if she finds out that he has an illegitimate child. Numerous children in this world will follow their example of killing illegitimate children to save their face and pride. These innocent children could’ve been the pillars of our Mo Country in the future, yet they were killed before they can contribute to our Mo Country. In order to prevent this, we need to set an example for everyone else to follow.”