“Oh… that’s fine, I guess.”

But regardless of whether Ye Mu was willing or not, she had become the Son of Heaven’s companion with just a touch of his hand. After all, for now, she was too young to be the emperor’s tutor.

In any case, when he was studying, he had the little Ye Mu to accompany him, finding this set-up extremely pleasing. Although he wasn’t expecting much, he later discovered that Ye Mu was indeed more mysterious than he had imagined.

Although she was unknowledgeable in a lot of areas and didn’t know how to compete for power, the things that she taught of were things that Mo Linyuan had never heard of before. They were genuinely profound ideas.

As a result, Mo Linyuan was in high spirits as he studied. At the same time, with other matters no longer being disturbed by the Empress Dowager, everything went smoothly.

The previous, gruesome battle had considerably dampened the empress dowager’s spirit. Other aristocratic families were also intimidated and restrained themselves so that it became easier for them to sit in the imperial court. Although the empress dowager still had the power to assist the emperor, her escape from the palace significantly reduced her authority, giving Mo Linyuan more time to grow and enrich his mind.

A year passed quickly.

Mo Linyuan did the math problems that were only available in the post-modern era, exclaiming in wonder at the magic of multiplication, subtraction, and division.

In this era, there were calculations, but they were too troublesome. If numbers can be manipulated as easy as this, then he believed addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division would bring great convenience to the people.

“The Imperial Tutor previously always said that he wanted to reform the imperial examinations and depose of the myriad of family techniques so that only one standard will be left. I felt that it wasn’t appropriate and never agreed. But now, the idea seems wise. Regardless of whether these techniques are supreme and came from the top hundred, their practicality is too low. Although the study of character is essential, one still has to emphasize learning to use it to learn.”

His eyes lit up slightly. “It’s like arithmetic. For it to be used in every way, I believe we should include it in the next imperial examinations.”

Ye Mu, of course, had no objections to this reform! She nodded and smiled, “This thing is simple; I can write textbooks for it.”

In this era, there were both paper-making and printing techniques.

Writing books is still very convenient, but…

Ye Mu touched her chin and said, “It’s just that the existing papermaking techniques are either too expensive or too troublesome. Furthermore, they are too fragile and are not suitable for writing. How about this, I’ll try to improve the papermaking techniques when I have time!”

Mo Linyuan raised his eyebrows and smiled. “May I ask Master Ye if there is anything she doesn’t know?”

Ye Mu had a headache as she pointed at the paper on the table. “My brain is quite straight-forward. I can’t read between the lines, but I do know quite a lot about practical techniques!”

Mo Linyuan chuckled. This little thing was not modest at all.

He said, “Arithmetic is good, but I feel that physics doesn’t seem to be of much use. You don’t believe it’s necessary to involve in the Imperial examinations, do you?”