He looked towards the imperial palace and mumbled, “Right now, the imperial guards are the only last line of defense left.”

Therefore, Ye Li wants to use this opportunity to instantly attack the imperial palace just because he had beaten Prince Zhao?

How did this idea even come to life? Ye Mu was dazed at this unexpected, sloppy plan. Although the current situation in the imperial palace was unclear, to launch an attack was too hasty of a decision!

As for the matter with the second prince, despite Ye Li telling her that they had both reached an agreement, why was he nowhere to be seen?

The more Ye Mu thought about it, the more muddled her thoughts on the matter became. However, before she could even raise any questions, Ye Li pointed at the people beside him and grinned, “You came at the perfect time! It just so happens to be an opportune moment for you to meet someone before we proceed to battle.

“When I striving to seize the position from the emperor, I had many brothers by my side. But now, they are the only ones left.”

Ye Mu looked at the twenty to thirty people beside Ye Li. In spite of their calm auras, they looked extraordinary; Ye Mu guessed they were experts like Ye Li. Most importantly, she could see their extreme loyalty to him.

The uneasy feeling in her heart grew stronger. Just because victory was within his grasp, Ye Li had summoned all of his hidden cards?

At this critical juncture, Ye Li had abandoned his previous comrades and replaced them with these people. It could already be seen how much Ye Li trusted and valued them.

“General, is this your prodigal daughter? So very young! Her calmness amidst the chaos is indeed extraordinary!

An old general with a scar on his face, who was standing beside Ye Li, interjected. He faced Ye Li, doing as he pleased, but Ye Li did not have the slightest intention of lambasting him.

Instead, he laughed loudly and said, “That’s right, she’s my favorite daughter. She’s definitely an extraordinary one!”

Everyone laughed in tandem to this father praising his child. With their loyalty towards Ye Li, they naturally became intricately concerned for Ye Mu. Such a quick change in affection made Ye Mu feel at a trance, stirrings of an old memory coming back to her; she seemed to be able to see her old comrades before she had crossed into this world.

Nevertheless, when Ye Li was inside the treasure trove, killing his own trusted aides without blinking, how could these people still trust Ye Li so much?

Did they not know the true nature of Ye Li, or…did Ye Li do something for them?

Ye Mu couldn’t help but raise her head to ask Ye Li, “Father, are they your old subordinates? Why haven’t I seen them before?”

Ye Li touched her head as a profound light flashed in his eyes. “You haven’t seen them before because they were suppressed by the imperial government. They lived a life worse than pigs and dogs and I had no choice but to hide them for the meantime.”

Ye Li’s words caused the scene to quiet down. Many people’s expressions were moved as they were filled with gratitude towards him.

“When they were together with father, they all went out with me to take back the land occupied by the Chu country, and they even expanded this country’s territory in the process. Who would have known that after the war ended, the emperor, who had originally promised them wealth and glory, would actually go back on his word!