Andrea nodded vehemently to back him up. “He’s telling the truth. I was just jealous because he gave her the flowers he’d brought for me instead. I lashed out and said those stupid words…and I regret it. I’m very sorry you guys,” she pleaded earnestly, her sheen of worry in her hazel irises. She stood up and went over to her sister, where she knelt before her. “Ximena, I cannot stand you being mad at me, you’re the only person whose disdain I don’t think I can live with.”

Ximena bit her lip as she contemplated her sister’s words. They felt sincere enough, and maybe the feud had been running for long enough. She leaned forward and wrapped her hands around Andrea, and began to rub her hands on her back soothingly. “It’s okay, Andrea. I forgive you, even though what you said really hurt my feelings. I couldn’t believe that you would ever think that of me,” she admitted sadly.

Omar exhaled, seeing that the two had finally reconciled but it seemed another situation had arisen. He’d only just gained the trust of his friend but now his face was clouded with doubt. “I mean, Omar is hot and all, but Adriano is hotter,” Ximena added with a laugh, causing Adriano to smirk in Omar’s direction.

“Damn right I am,” Adriano acquiesced smugly before stepping away from his friend. “And don’t you forget that Pedrad.” 

Omar chuckled but it was a nervous sort of gesture. He was very relieved that Adriano had taken the matter at hand lightly, but for a second there, he looked like he was ready to kick Omar’s ass. And that would have been pretty ugly; Adriano could pack a mean punch and Omar wasn’t confident enough to think he could possibly match up to him. 

Andrea let go of her sister, but not before placing a kiss on her cheek gingerly. “I’m glad that we can move past this,” she said gleefully and plopped down next to her. “So, what’s for dinner. I’m starving,” she moaned and rubbed her protruded tummy.

Ximena rose from the couch and made her way toward the stairs. “I’ll be back down in a few. Adri, go and check if Manny’s done with the food,” she hollered over her shoulder. Following wife’s instructions, Adriano nodded and then disappeared into the kitchen.

“That was close. Thanks a lot for that rubbish, Andrea,” Omar bellowed in barely contained frustration before finally sitting on a settee. 

Not sparing him a glance, she ran her fingers through her coffee-colored locks. “Relax, this went better than I thought it would. Be happy that Adriano didn’t knock your pearly whites out of your mouth,” she joked, and he glared at her.

“I wouldn’t have been in that position had you just kept your mouth shut in the first place. I really need that kind of shit on my conscience. Adriano is my friend, and as it is, our relationship is delicate. You nearly screwed that up,” he breathed in concern. He couldn’t tell why, but his friendship with Adriano was really important to him, more than he allowed himself to admit. 

She grabbed his hand and placed it between her smaller ones. She didn’t understand where he was coming from, but she could at least try to sympathize with him. It wasn’t easy for Omar to have almost everybody who knew him hating him. And Adriano along with Santiago had made him feel like not everyone despised him, that there were people who actually cared about him. It was a daily reminder that he mattered; that he existed. 

Just then, the sound of the front door opening sounded throughout the lower floor followed by a distinct albeit irksome voice. “I’m here to eat your food. Are y’all here?” Santiago sang loudly, and a very audible groan came from the direction of the kitchen.

“Why the hell are you here, Fuentemayor?” Adriano demanded, not sounding too pleased about his closest friend’s sudden appearance.

“Screw you, Dos Santos. You know I have every right to be here; you’re my brother and I need you to feed me. I am your responsibility after all,” he replied cheekily, not doubt smiling from ear to ear. Santiago’s frame, dressed in a black plaid shirt over a plain white tee, black chinos and a pair of black timberlands. His smiley face quickly switched to a confused one. “What are you two doing here?” he asked, pointing at the both of them.

Omar rolled his eyes. “I could ask you them same,” he responded rudely.

Santiago sneered at him before diverting his attention to Andrea. “I know I’ve said this at least a hundred times, but you seriously could have done better than this assclown. For one, he’s a rude motherfu-,” he was about to say, but a smack to the back of the head had him stopping short. He rubbed the spot. “Adri, ow!” he whined immaturely.

“Don’t you dare use that kind language in my house, okay?” Adriano warned him with a little bit of aggression. He stood before Andrea and held his hand out to her. “Would you like to try something whilst we wait for your sister?” he offered softly, and Andrea happily obliged, letting him whisk her away to the kitchen.

Santiago occupied Andrea’s previous spot. “I vow, he’s a gentleman to women but to his buddies, he’s a complete asshole,” he fumed, and pouted his lips slightly. 

Omar shook his head, still wondering how he had befriended someone who had an IQ lower than his own shoe size. 

_______________________________

Good day, good people. How is the week going so far? Mine is absolutely chaotic and a tad bit depressing but I guess it'll get better.

Do let me know what you think in the comments.

Vote if you want to ❤️

Love,

~Deetronite.