10~🖤

[Jeongin POV]

The scene outside was horrifying. The entire building echoed with heart-rending screams of students. They were running around desperately to save themselves but as they released each scream, they died. They cried, begged, and tried to fight but these monsters didn't have emotions, just like me.

"Should we go? Or stay here?" asked Hyunjin. "We can't. We have to fight through this chaos and reach a safe place where food and water are available," I instructed. "How are we gonna fight these monsters?" Asked Minho. "I didn't give you my knife to cut vegetables," I replied.

"These people will die," Minho argued. "They are already dead, their rage has kept them going," I said and looked at Minho. "You have to kill these corpses to save your own life. The decision is yours," I concluded and ran into chaos.

[Hyunjin POV]

We saw that boy running into the crowd of walking corpses. I was confused. Did a zombie apocalypse just break out of nowhere? Who is this boy? How does he know so much about what to do and what not to do?
Is this apocalypse connected to him? Does he know something which we don't?

These questions ran across my head but soon I realized that I have to pay attention to saving myself. I pulled out my miniature knife which, I guess, will be enough to kill someone. I looked at Minho.

"Hey, c'mon, gather around your strength. Your emotions shouldn't matter in this situation," I tried to comfort him. He looked and me.

"Promise me, we will meet again," he said and brought out his pinky finger for a pinky promise. I chuckled, "Sure we will, I promise." We intertwined our pinkies and joined that boy.

[No one's POV]

As Jeongin got in. He stabbed almost 4 zombies in under a minute. The zombies seemed to have gained more power. However, the stabbed zombies were only knocked out for some minutes.

Jeongin, after a while got exhausted. He was fighting the entire zombie clan alone. He stopped to catch a breath but three zombies together hovered over him. Because of the sudden attack, Jeongin's dagger slipped out of his hand and was lost in the crowd of the walking dead.

He had the stamina to physically fight with the zombies but they were a lot in number so it was hard for him to fight for a long time. He was about to be bitten but someone poked a knife inside the belly of one of the zombies hovering over him.

The zombie coughed out more blood and fell right beside Jeongin. Jeongin's vision was blurry for a while but he looked up and found Hyunjin and Minho, fighting the zombies.

He tried to get up but he found out that one of the zombies scratched him on his belly. It was bleeding. He laid back by the sudden wave of pain.

"Jeongin, c'mon, take this as a fun challenge!" Ordered Hyunjin. "I have to apologize a lot to you, so don't die," Minho said while fighting off the zombies.

Jeongin, with all his might, got up and crawled toward his dagger. He was so unfortunate that a zombie harshly stepped on his already broken wrist. Jeongin managed to get his knife and stabbed the zombie in its leg.

Hyunjin also received some scratches as injuries and Minho got a bleeding head as he was pushed against the wall, harshly by a zombie. After a while, all the zombies were knocked out. Hyunjin and Minho fell to the ground, gasping for air. Jeongin was struggling to stand but still stood, enduring the pain.

They stood there breathing heavily for a while. "We...can't stand here....i-it ain't safe. Let's hide in a safe place," Jeongin said, still holding his bleeding belly.

"You can't run anymore, look at you. A broken wrist and a bleeding belly," Minho concluded. "Forget me, let's go," Jeongin replied and started running.

Minho and Hyunjin looked at each other and sighed, they followed the boy.

Jeongin's main target was to step out of the campus and ask the others to isolate themselves in their homes but luck didn't seem to be on his side.

As he ran, he heard some growls of zombies coming from the direction he was going. He stopped on his tracks.

"What seems to be the problem?" Asked Hyunjin as he also stopped. "The zombies, they are coming this way," Jeongin said and pulled out his dagger. "If we clear this clan, then downstairs is the classroom to which the store room is connected. We can go there," Minho informed.

"Good information Minho, but let's see who can reach that room," Jeongin continued. "What do you mean? We all are going there, together," Hyunjin put forward.

Jeongin was about to say something but stopped as he spotted almost 27 zombies walking towards them. Jeongin signalled both Hyunjin and Minho to be absoulutely quiet and not make any sound.

Jeongin knew that during this situation, saving energy is one of the major factors in order to survive. He tried to avoid a fight and with tippy toes, sticked to the wall. Hyunjin and Minho followed his action.

He made way for the zombies to walk away. However, one of the zombies seem to have sensed the presence of  living creatures in the corridor. This case was very rare, only some zombies had this ability. The zombie pushed itself out of the crowd and strolled towards the trio.

Jeongin, Minho and Hyunjin held their breaths back while the zombie was lingering around them.

The zombie, after lingering for around a minute, turned back to walk away. Minho released a heavy sigh of relief.

The zombie immediately turned around hovered on Minho to bite him. Jeongin took out his dagger and stabbed the zombie. The loud growl of the monster, gained attention from the other zombies.

----------------------------------------------